PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone. can anyone help please. palpation and can't sleep

diddler
04-05-14, 03:10
Hi I've just had what I call Dippy heartbeats. Now I can't sleep. I call them Dippy because they obviously feel irregular like there dipping up and down , they feel different to the jumped missed heartbeat feeling. I've been having a lot of health anxiety lately and yesterday I couldn't stop crying which is a shame because I did something to be proud of Friday I actually Got into town with the help of my Cbt worker after being agoraphobic for a long time. I'm hoping I can do it again but it was hard and the feeling of being stuck and wanting to run is so hard. I didn't run but remembering what it's like puts me off, even though after it went I enjoyed town and had a stroll round. Anyway I've Got up tonight to go to toilet and my heart as I was walking has just gone Dippy which freaked me out then it happened about ten min later in bed but like I say not the jumped ones but more like up and down. So now I'm laid awake thinking about it feeling like my heart and stomach doesn't feel right. I feel very alone and scared. But think I'm going to put surfs up on and watch that I'm hoping to cheer me up :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
04-05-14, 03:21
Hi love its scarey isnt it but just concentrate on something else and it will pass in time ,When my anxiety was high I lay there for hours crying focusing on my heart it use to pound so hard I thought it was going to stop ,but what I decided to was get up make a drink whatch some telly or listen to some music it will pass just try not to panic nice deep breaths help aswell xx

diddler
04-05-14, 03:28
Hiya Mrs stress ed, love the name it made me giggle, Yeah it's horrible, the Dippy ones always scare Me the most, I will try but finding it hard to concentrate at min. And now my internet is playing up to top things off ha. Thanku for reply and kind words Xx

rtpu2004
04-05-14, 04:07
Heart palpitations are one the most annoying/scary things of anxiety. It's important to find something to distract you, as the more you focus on it, the more intense and longer it will last.

Sometimes putting on the tv doesn't cut it for me. I find listening to a meditation track (something with words in it so I can focus on what is being said) really helps me. I like to listen to "Hope and Help for your Anxiety" by Dr. Claire Weekes until I fall asleep. It really helps reinforce things I've learned in CBT.

Good luck! Hopefully you can catch a break soon :)

MRS STRESS ED
04-05-14, 04:20
Hiya Mrs stress ed, love the name it made me giggle, Yeah it's horrible, the Dippy ones always scare Me the most, I will try but finding it hard to concentrate at min. And now my internet is playing up to top things off ha. Thanku for reply and kind words Xx

Thankyou diddler and your very welcome hun you take care xx

mandshere2000
04-05-14, 04:37
Hi
Sending you:hugs:hope your ok, also well done for managing to get into town,
you should be so proud of yourself, I very often get the funny heart beats like now
I have just woke at 3.30 and my heart is racing but it also feels like it's jumping and missing beats:huh:how long does it last for.... It's usually 20 minutes for me then my heart
feels like it's back to normal
Manda

diddler
04-05-14, 07:49
You take care miss stress ed and thanks again Xx

Hi rtpu2004 thank-you for replying. Yeah I get what you mean about the television. I've heard of doctor Claire weekes before, quite a few people have mentioned her I will have to look her up. I always end up jumping up and walking about. Can look a bit freaky if I'm out Xx

Hi manda hope your OK now, sorry I had fell asleep. It can vary with me. The ones in the night obviously I think we find more scary because we feel more isolated. But 20 minutes what you get is the normal time frame for your heart rate to be up and doing weird things. It's horrid and each time we have it it's just as scary. Did you manage getting back to sleep :hugs: Xx