PDA

View Full Version : Short history of me

Gemm
06-12-06, 21:49
Hello everyone.
I was deeply touched when i found this site. I am 29 years old & have suffered panic & distress since i was a child. I have had many years of not working & even some where i have not dared leave the house.
I have tried most drugs, alternative therapies & read most books on the subject. Most people in my family have also suffered from anxiety & my father eventually gave up & didn't leave the house for 10 years till his death. My point is nothing you say could shock me & i fully understand anyone who is having a hard time coping. I am now at a point where i have accepeted my condition yet & live a minimal life despite it. I am training as a counsellor now. I think having somewhere for panic people to relate in safety is fantastic.

Gem

chillx
06-12-06, 22:13
Hi Gem

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure You will make many new friends and receive lots of support here.

chillx

Lynnann
06-12-06, 22:14
Hi Gem,

Welcome to the forum,

Hugs to you

Lynnann

mick
06-12-06, 22:18
hi Gemma
welcome aboard you will get loads of help and advice here
all the best Mick

wobily_lin
06-12-06, 22:34
elo Gem,

a warm welcome to this site...great support an advice here hun..x

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

clickaway
06-12-06, 23:59
Welcome Gem,

Glad you found this and hope you find us safe. There are certainbly a lot of good and understanding people here.

Well done on the Counsellor training - a positive and rewarding move.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

candie
07-12-06, 09:15
Hi Gemm,

Its lovely to have you here,its a great place to be!!

Take care,Candie xxxx:D

honeybee3939
07-12-06, 10:14
Hi Gemm

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

tracie126
07-12-06, 11:12
hi Gemm,
Its great to read about someone so similar to myself. I too have trouble leaving the safety of the house, I should find a job, but the idea terrifies me. My father also has anxiety and depression and growing up with that is not easy. It does affect you. I also trained to be a counsellor, but to scared to go out there and use it!
Best of luck
Tracie

Lindalou64
07-12-06, 14:21
WELCOME GEMM
YOU WILL FIND LOTS OG INFO AND GREAT INFO ON HERE I WISH YA THE BEST..........LINDA TC[8D]

trac67
07-12-06, 16:43
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'