PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

Agoraphobic Rachel
04-05-14, 16:09
Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to over come panic attacks/agoraphobia? its the only thing i havent tried ive had meds counselling and CBT but nothing seems to work for me. I have booked a session for thursday but im a bit wary about it. advice please

stu31
04-05-14, 22:17
Hi Rachael, I recently tried hypnotherapy via youtube however I haven't kept up with doing it daily but I will be trying again soon. I quite liked it but sorry cant tell if it will work :)

Agoraphobic Rachel
04-05-14, 23:56
i was going to try doing it my self too but i have such negative thoughts towards any therapy. i looked into having it done professionally they say it does help andi have researched it i just hope it helps

Fizzkins
05-05-14, 00:49
hey, I think hypnotherapy can work but you have to go into it "with an open mind" calm.com is a really good (to me at least) guided meditation/ hypnotherapy online and its free- not saying it will cure it doesnt, but it is relaxing and has often made me fall asleep
Found CBT unhelpful also in the past, not found anything to be a cure sadly :/
Some people swear by mindfullness maybe look into that x

Chessgirl
05-05-14, 16:23
Hi,
I tried hypnotherapy for agoraphobia 20 odd years ago and must admit that I had a bad experience - he took me back to school days and I became so distraught that he had to stop! However, I am a minority case. Exposure therapy with a really trusted friend was what worked for me. Hope it works for you though.

Agoraphobic Rachel
05-05-14, 22:15
Oh right really. Is the cause of your panic to do with issues at school? The biggest issue I have is I dibt know what ever triggered me to have panic attacks