PDA

View Full Version : Question about Anxiety Relief

Cruxis
04-05-14, 18:42
Hello, its me again. I went to the doctor last thrusday and was told that my symptoms were due to stress pretty much. Now I'm in the process of reconditioning my body to how I was before all this happened but I still get these fears every once in a while that something is wrong with my kidneys or my liver, despite every test result showing me otherwise. Combined with starting a new job and a mother who tends to blow things out of proportion and I'm wondering how I can start calming myself down so I can feel better again.

jayjoe18
04-05-14, 22:06
Have you looked into CBT? I think you can get some online? That really helped me when I had health anxiety, I also had recurring worries about health. Good luck!

Cruxis
04-05-14, 23:13
Thanks, I might look into that. I just want to tell my body that it's okay to feel well again, I'm still having some stress symptoms that make life uncomfortable.

Ryan92
05-05-14, 13:46
Hi Cruxis, CBT will be a great help :D I've had CBT and it can really help.

Meds from your doctor may help too, not 100% sure though, best to check with them first if you want to try meds. Good luck :hugs:

Cruxis
05-05-14, 18:56
I guess I'm still shocked, I've had stress symptoms before but never to the point of being forgetful about everything and losing appetite. Is there even degrees to stress where you can feel different each time?

aprilmoon
05-05-14, 20:18
I guess I'm still shocked, I've had stress symptoms before but never to the point of being forgetful about everything and losing appetite. Is there even degrees to stress where you can feel different each time?

Hi
I would say so.
It can cause all sorts of symptoms.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

I also think the "fake it till you make it", behavior might come in usefull to you in this situation.
Act and try to think in the way that you would like to became.
Your mind and body will start to re engage with those patterns,and you mother will start seeing that you seem improved,and may give you some peace,although it would do no harm to tell her that you're starting a new job soon,you are doing your best,and her blowing things up isn't useful.
It will also help you as you prepare for your new job.
Even though it may seem like you're acting a part that you don't really feel,it doesn't matter.You are establishing new positive patterns that will help give you some structure to start building on.
Keep in mind though,your mum is coming from a place where she only really wants for you what you want as well,in the end.
Good luck

HoneyLove
05-05-14, 21:31
Cruixs, to help your body relax from the feelings of anxiety you need to set your parasympathetic nervous system into action. The easiest way to do this is some form of daily relaxation method, such as meditation or yoga. Even just 10 minutes of meditation a day is enough to have a positive effect on both body and mind.

You must make time to do it daily though, to really see the positive effect on your body.

There are lots of free guided meditations or breathing exercises on youtube. You'll also find progressive muscle relaxation on there which can be great just before you go to sleep.

Cruxis
06-05-14, 23:03
I guess whenever I have a problem I like to analyze everything about it, this is why it seems so unbelievable that its stress. Plus, I've been having all kinds of weird issues like food having no taste, attraction to sweets and general forgetfulness. Last time something similar happened it was primarily stomach issues but nothing like this. I'll try CBT and see what happens, hopefully the physical symptoms go away soon.