PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy

Agoraphobic Rachel
04-05-14, 19:38
has anyone had hypnotherapy before i have a mixture of different anxiety disorders ive tried meds counselling cbt but it just hasnt helped

HalfJack
05-05-14, 05:19
I'm also an agoraphobic called Rachel and I have been thinking about hypnotherapy too :)
I dealt (and am dealing) with my agoraphobia with gradual exposure which has been incredibly effective, but I want to get hypnotherapy other phobias I have.

I find it pretty hard to find effective treatment too. Have you tried different medications or reading about coping methods?

I personally know a few people who had their lives completely changed thanks to hypnotherapy but I also know people who it hasn't helped at all. Seems to work on some people and not others.

Eamon
18-05-14, 14:14
Hi,
I have had experience with hypntherapy.
It really worked for me in one respect. I had a really bad experience on Ecstasy years ago and i aways worried about that night and the extreme fear i felt as it was at an outside rave miles from home. I felt ashamed about it and still felt the fear.
The hypnotherapist had me view that night as if i was sitting in a cinema and was watching it and then he got me to change the film to black and white and then to make it dissappear. From that moment on i stopped being preoccupied with that night and the fear and shame i felt about it.
As far as my social anxiety problems though i still have problems but then i did stop going.
I am thinking of going again even though i don;t really believe someone can actually hypnotise people but something goes on. I used to drift off when i was hypnotised and just hear the hypnotherapist and the birds singing outside it was nice!!!!