PDA

View Full Version : First pancreatic cancer now stomach

Littlemisssunshine10
04-05-14, 19:49
Hey

I posted on here the other day saying I thought I thought I had the symptoms of pancreatic cancer such as upper middle abdominal pain, indigestion and nausea since that I have spoken to doctor who has reassured me that the blood test has come back normal. Since Friday I have now matched my symptons on google (stupid google) I know I shouldn't but I can't help my self :( that all my symptoms match all of stomach cancer such upper middle abdominal pain, indigestion, heart burn, nausea, loose bowl, food coming back up in food pipe, feeling full quickly, lose of appetite and lost weight but that's because I can't stomach eating :( I keep panicking waking up sweaty , panic attacks, constantly googling and seeking reassurance! I e
Spoke to the doctor or saw her everyday last week she has referred me for an ultrasound and endoscopy. She told me if they thought it was cancer she would of had to tell me, also bloods came back fine and to be positive and not worry, then I spoke to another doctor who reassured me with my age and cancer is rare they doing the tests as I'm so worried, I then went to a and e today panicking he reassured me when I finally told him about being scared about it being cancer and hurts into tears he said my bloods show I'm fighting an infection but they not to raised so he not worried. He reassured me it's extremely unlikely to be cancer as my age and I don't really have any of the signs and just because google says it doesn't mean I have it! He said it's less than 1% likely I have cancer I felt reassured and happy for like 2 maybe 3 hours then become dizzy and had chest pains, indigestion after food and went back to googling all symptoms again matched and I keep thinking I've lost weight 3 pounds on 4 days but then I not eating much! I had
One meal today! My parents and partner has enough but worried about me as I am so depressed worried and down! I have been crying all weekend and
Even had thoughts I better off not here as
I can't handle this!

I feel stupid!! Sorry I had to air this not sure what to think!

Libra
04-05-14, 19:58
When full blood count is done, ( and they are quite comprehensive ), if there was anything showing in those tests then your Gp would follow it up. I was told this when I had mine done and mine just showed slightly raised cholesterol which meant diet changes. I couldn't believe everything was fine though.. hence I stopped eating virtually as I was so anxious.
I lost a lot of weight in 12 months.. anxiety alone often causes weight loss as the metabolism speeds up.
I hope that your tests will help settle your mind.

Littlemisssunshine10
04-05-14, 20:06
Thanks for posting, I do start to feel better but then I think oo the pain is gone now and I have heard that means it's something sinister!! My mind goes at 100mph I swear propanol don't help either. Xx

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Not forgetting I think it's all the worst and keeping imagining being told I had cancer, dying and being to weak to look after my son or being on my death bed and saying good bye to him I'm in tears now! I never knew I could love anything as much as him!

Fishmanpa
04-05-14, 20:46
I can't even imagine being told I have a less than 1% chance of having cancer and still be worrying to the point of tears :weep: I'd be out partying!:yahoo:

Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety? What you describe screams of that and stomach related issues caused by it.

Hope you find some relief.

Positive thoughts

Littlemisssunshine10
04-05-14, 21:17
I know I feel so selfish fishmanpa!! It's hideous isn't it! I cling onto that 1% stupidly u would think I have been told I have it, I put my son to bed in tears and carried him he is 19lbs and I'm not strong round the supermarket as I said I may not be able to so it longer.

I take propanol, on waiting list for Iapts counselling, waiting until next week for private counselling I pay £20 an hour for discounted but we won't be able afford it for too long & I brought a self help book which I use the cbt therapies I have learnt from counselling before and the book to try stop the worrying but nope! I strangely felt calmer earlier, no pain, no symptoms and then worried again I have it as I felt nothing'! It's like I have two brains a logical one and a crazy anxious one! I am so motivated to get over this health anxiety and help others and be a better person and mum for my son. I don't want him ever to know I worry or to be like me!

Katie_cupcakes
04-05-14, 23:08
This story sounds exactly like me just now! same pain, weight loss, night sweats, no appetite, nausea. I had normal blood test about 4 weeks ago, but that was before I.started getting these symptoms so Im not convened!

balkanman
19-05-14, 01:18
I have this dull pain between my shoulder blades for about 2 months now. I am 47 years old and overall healthy. Had colonoscopy about a year ago and found out that I have ulcerative colitis. The pain gets better at night and comes back by mid morning. I have no other pain or symptoms except my colon problems with stool from time to time... I exercise regularly and am pretty healthy overall. Pain has been more persistant lately and a bit stronger. Before it would go and come back during the day.. I ran a marathon about month ago and pain actually went away during the race.. I am really afraid this could be pancreatic cancer..I dont wanna be late because I know it is discover usually too late.
I have had "most" of the cancers so far..This is the one of the rare that was left..Hopefully I will survive this one too..I wish you the same..It is amazing what our minds can produce and create!