PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly are you lymph nodes in neck???

Stressed32
04-05-14, 23:18
I have what I think to be a pulled muscle. It is slightly more raised on the left than the right and I have this raised area on both sides of my neck. They are at the base of my neck at the back of my collar bone, the part closest to my shoulder and they go from my shoulder towards the center of my neck. They are super soft, like a water balloon. My chiropractor said it was muscle but I've convinced myself he is not a medical dr experienced w lymph nodes. Does this sound like a node??

NotCool
04-05-14, 23:30
https://meded.ucsd.edu/clinicalmed/head_lymphnodes2.jpg

I don't think they're identical with every single person though. And yes, I think your doctor knows what he's talking about, since lymph nodes are a very important part of any medical specialization. :)

Stressed32
04-05-14, 23:37
My swollen area is close to where the superclaviclaclar ones are but is running up and down rather than left to right like tho picture....

Stressed32
05-05-14, 03:49
Went to Dr....actually went to urgent care in panic mode! The lump in my neck in not a swollen node. She was nice enough to check all of them and send me home again w a clean bill of health.