PDA

View Full Version : having an attack right now, support please

Worried 24/7
05-05-14, 03:47
Haven't had an attack in a while, then tonight all of a sudden I got nauseous and dizzy and my chest doesn't feel like it's expanding enough when I breath.then my chest started hurting.then my hands and legs got all tingly. Then pressure in the back of my head Now I'm getting an instant headache. My vision keeps feeling blurry...I'm scared this is more than an attack, because of other pains I've had of late. If someone can relate, please talk me through this....

SADnomore
05-05-14, 03:59
Okay, you may not want to believe this, but it sounds like a classic migraine to me! I NEVER ever used to get the kind with pain, (only when I had the flu), but recently had exactly those symptoms. Went to ER and got treated for it. Try that! They have different "cocktails" for migraine. Tell them you are anxious, so they avoid drugs that exacerbate it. Good luck!
Marie

Worried 24/7
05-05-14, 04:07
It seems to be fading now but my neck still hurts and the chest pain keep coming and going...

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

I'm crocheting a baby blanket, so I'm working on that and watching Frasier reruns trying n ot to think....

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Also can anxiety cause sudden cold sensations? Like right now the top of my head feels like there's an ice cube in it.....

rtpu2004
05-05-14, 04:09
Sounds exactly like a panic attack. Remember that this will pass! Try not to focus on what you're feeling as this will intensify it. Acknowledge the symptoms and know that they can't harm you and that you will get through this! The panic won't mount and will soon fade.

Tanner40
05-05-14, 12:13
Worried, check out the symptoms of panic and anxiety on the left hand side of the main page. Sounds like a classes panic attack to me. Everything that you're describing can be explained by anxiety. The real question is what are you doing to treat your anxiety? What tools are you using on a daily basis?

SADnomore
05-05-14, 17:06
I stand corrected! :blush: These guys make sense, Worried. I'd go for it! :flowers:

chelsea5
05-05-14, 17:26
Sounds like anxiety, headaches are very common with anxiety, as are aches and pains,everything you've listed can be linked to anxiety, do something that helps relax you and just ride it out, easier said than done I know but we all know the more we fight it the worse it gets, hope you can relax soon

Joseph12
07-05-14, 13:31
hey buddy Woried24/7 i am facing the same situation and last week i experience panic attack and the worst thing which i experience during panic attack is severe headache. I don't know the solution and i am badly tense.