PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have deep vein thrombosis

louise0501
05-05-14, 04:00
hi there, today i had a 40 minute car ride with alot of stuff in the car so my chair was very close to the windscreen and it was upright and i couldnt really move my feet. i am now terrified and convinced i hav dvt. does anyone think thats possible on a 40 mibute car ride? im getting the occassional pain in my leg but not sure if thats in my head. any idea wat the risks are? and wat the symptoms are? im so worried, i cant sleep as im so worried.

please reply
love louise x

rtpu2004
05-05-14, 04:07
Hi Louise,

I can definitely relate to the worry about dvt. I used to have to wrap my legs up in bandages and take a panadol just to make the pain go away so I could sleep.

It is extremely unlikely that a 40 minute car ride would cause dvt. Perhaps an 8 hour one with little movement, but not 40 minutes.

Symptoms of dvt can vary - I've heard that the pain is often so severe that one can not walk on it. Also, your leg would most likely appear swollen, red and warm.

What I do when I have this concern is go for a walk to get my mind of things. Or you can chat to someone, read a book etc. If you find that the pain only comes back when you're thinking about it, it's definitely anxiety.

If you're really, really concerned, go to a doctor. They can do various tests to check for dvt.

My money is on the anxiety though. I know the feeling, it is very distressing. Please feel free to inbox me or respond here if you need a chat.

Take care x