PDA

View Full Version : Will these symptoms ever go away?

Ollie28
05-05-14, 11:32
Has anyone been through these horrific symtoms of lack of constant short term memory, constant lack of short term awareness and very very slack concentration. If i didn't have these symptoms physically i feel perfect but these 3 will just not go away! Im finding myself having to stare at my children in order for me to take in ive actually seen them rather than looking at them and having that general relaxed awareness ive just seem them, its the same for everythin i do or see. Ive been like this for over 2 month solid and its destroying me & my life! I cant go back to work because of it or even enjoy a simple day out with my family.

Many thanks in advance, i appreciate your time.

AlexandriaUK
05-05-14, 11:35
Have you been to the Drs with this and how old is your youngest child?

Oosh
05-05-14, 11:45
Do you think that could be meds that you're on ?

Ollie28
05-05-14, 12:14
Hi.
Yep these were the first symptoms i was beginning to have, i had them for a week i went the Drs the first time and was told it was down to a big change in my diet which i thought was a load of nonsense, as the week went on i seemed to get worse with it, i went the drs the friday at the end of the week and was told it was anxiety.
Ive been back since and still they say its anxiety - its like my body is functioning normal, no panick attacks or anything and the only worry i have in my life is not going to work and whats up with me otherwise ive never suffered with anything else.

To describe it it feels like im happy wide awake wanting to get on with the day but my brain/head feels heavy and my brain feels like its asleep or not working

Ive had 3 occasions now where its like my mind has "clicked" on and all of a sudden i come alive - my thoughts are clear, my awareness is there 100% and my memory and concentration is sharp as ever but it never lasts its like then a button is flicked and it all goes again,

All my worry and stress is coming from this - not the other way round and ive told my dr this. Ive asked for a CT scan and he refused me one.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Sorry my little boy is 2 and is a terrible sleeper. Broken sleep every night for the last god knows how long,

Im actually not on any medication, the friday i went the dr gave me some diazepam which i took and i was ok for a couple of weeks after finishing them. Only 2mg

My dr has referred me to a physiologist im still awaiting the appointment a month on.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

I know theres loads of symptoms of anxiety and cases from severe to just genral day to day worry but why is my brain doing this? Ive never struggled with a lack of sleep in the past when my little girl was born she had colic and the sleep was few and far between as i still worked a physical job full time, it does feel like my brain is in a coma or just not working
Then every now and the "click" i come awake like a button was switched i look around the room like i have just re enterd my body.

...then within no certain amount of time "click" and i go back in to this dormant 50% functional person. Does this sound normal for anxiety?? Or is anxiety coming on because im worried to death whats up with me! Ive always been a big worrier really but this is getting the better of me.

Oosh
05-05-14, 12:18
Sounds like brain fog. Post on the relevant antidepressant board and see if anyone else experiences brain fog on it and if it passed etc

I have had terrible time with brain fog in the past. On and off meds.

Diet can have effect. Sugars etc can trigger insulin response which can cause brain fog for example.

I try to only eat carbs in evening. Protein and Veges through day. Keeps my head clearer.

Cortisol levels can give poor concentration and memory, it's caused by excess stress.

I'm trying something called Rhodiola Rosea at the moment. It's supposed to be an anti stress/recovery thing.

But you might be best looking at that med first.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Sleep deprivation can cause brain fog and poor memory too.

It messes with your hormones. They're suppose to turn on at bedtime for example but poor sleeping habits will have them rising and falling all over the place.
If you've got anxiety it's gonna feel like one big mess.

You're probably just run down mate.

Ollie28
05-05-14, 13:13
Il look it up now - many thanks, i cant cope feeling like this no more honest to god its breaking me! I cant remember much or even things that have seconds before happend!
Im starting things and within seconds forgetting ive started them and will go and sit down,
Forgetting and not enjoying days - and because im like this the days are going so quick like my life is flying by! Its torture and frustrating.

MoonlightFire
09-05-14, 00:37
Wow, I couldn't quite believe it when I read your post - I'm experiencing a very similar set of symptoms! My mind is all over the place, I can't concentrate and my short term memory feels like a huge effort to recall. I forget words, forget what I'm saying mid-sentence and constantly feel like I'm waiting for my brain to catch up. I always feel like I'm in the spotlight in social situations and when I talk I just instantly forget what I'm trying to say or it all comes out wrong and I feel like an idiot. I'm feeling so frustrated by it.

M x

Worried 24/7
09-05-14, 03:33
Hi.
Yep these were the first symptoms i was beginning to have, i had them for a week i went the Drs the first time and was told it was down to a big change in my diet which i thought was a load of nonsense, as the week went on i seemed to get worse with it, i went the drs the friday at the end of the week and was told it was anxiety.
Ive been back since and still they say its anxiety - its like my body is functioning normal, no panick attacks or anything and the only worry i have in my life is not going to work and whats up with me otherwise ive never suffered with anything else.

To describe it it feels like im happy wide awake wanting to get on with the day but my brain/head feels heavy and my brain feels like its asleep or not working

Ive had 3 occasions now where its like my mind has "clicked" on and all of a sudden i come alive - my thoughts are clear, my awareness is there 100% and my memory and concentration is sharp as ever but it never lasts its like then a button is flicked and it all goes again,

All my worry and stress is coming from this - not the other way round and ive told my dr this. Ive asked for a CT scan and he refused me one.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Sorry my little boy is 2 and is a terrible sleeper. Broken sleep every night for the last god knows how long,

Im actually not on any medication, the friday i went the dr gave me some diazepam which i took and i was ok for a couple of weeks after finishing them. Only 2mg

My dr has referred me to a physiologist im still awaiting the appointment a month on.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

I know theres loads of symptoms of anxiety and cases from severe to just genral day to day worry but why is my brain doing this? Ive never struggled with a lack of sleep in the past when my little girl was born she had colic and the sleep was few and far between as i still worked a physical job full time, it does feel like my brain is in a coma or just not working
Then every now and the "click" i come awake like a button was switched i look around the room like i have just re enterd my body.

...then within no certain amount of time "click" and i go back in to this dormant 50% functional person. Does this sound normal for anxiety?? Or is anxiety coming on because im worried to death whats up with me! Ive always been a big worrier really but this is getting the better of me.

The part about something clicking on all of a suddenhappens to me to and I've never heard it described so perfectly! all of a sudden it's like the whole world gets clearer...

Ollie28
14-05-14, 20:19
Hi sorry for the late reply, it's been a very tough couple if days -
I went to be assessed on Wednesday last week (wow where has the time gone 8-( )I was diagnosed within 2 minutes of seeing a lady with "depersonalisation" hence the reason It feels like I can't remember anything or no awareness it's because I am so detatched from what's going on around me, I'm a 6ft 19 stone bloke and I'm honing to admit it I've not stopped crying! I feel so horribly empty & soulless, to the point where it feels like my children & wife don't belong to me - it's breaking my heart!
I've been concentrating on lack of memory whilst if if I switch it around and step back it is the lack of attachment to my life & the world that's making me like this - it's like driving a car around town and not realising your changing gear because your to busy thinking, kind of.
I will admit for a week or two I done nothin but google, read, worry inward think, as you do I got very very detatched the point where I didn't even know where people were in my house let alone go talk to them, or where my mobile phone was let alone find the power to pick it up and be interested to look at it.
I went shopping yesterday with my wife - food shop. Walked around the super market like a ghost like I wasn't there, it was so bad I couldn't even find the mind power or strength to pick up items. We went through the check out packed the items, put them in the car and no word of a lie I turns around to my wife and said "I haven't a clue or a basic instinct of memory of anythin we have just bought"
I'm petrified! I'm so worried this is me now for good! I understand fearing it keeps it here, I've to try to break the habit and forget it and hopefully it will subside and I will get emotions, interested MY SOUL! back. I feel like total waste of person.
What worries me more is these we're the same symptoms I went to my drs with 3 months ago! (3 months ago - it feels like yesterday time is going so quick in this state!) I feel like I'm being robbed of my life and tortured!
I'm worried that I have DP that in turn has been making me worry "what's up with me" then it's leading to me being so anxious when my dr first said I had anxiety and not the DP first.

Is anyone or has anyone else suffered with this scale of DP? I've had it so bad at times I felt like I was thinking backwards and all my thoughts where getting twisted and I was literally on my hands and knees!
I don't get the realisation to eat, drink, do things, go places, general awareness, I've lost all feeling of emotion all though I still cry and know deep down I love people but it's like someone is sat on me and stopping me from moving, it's hell!!

I've now started 75mg of pragabalin - they are helping with the anxious - worry feeling but god damn I feel num all over!

The "clicking back in to my body" hasn't happened again yet although I get changes in feelings .....

I'm either totally not with it like a ghost no short term memory, feelings, emotions to the point I can hardly operate at all,
I'm either half way feeling like the above only not as bad.
I'm aware and can operate and carry on feeling a little more aware and instinctive.
Then I keep having parts of the day where I kind of come alive and feel emotion and about 80% myself but I feel really tired!

Of a evening I tend to feel the best, prob because I know the days over and it's less worry - that's how bad it's got!

I've started keeping a diary of my feelings and how things are changing. I'm praying everyday to god I can snap out of this because life feeling like this with 2 young children 7 & 2 with a hole life a head of them with a dad who's only 30 himself and usually active and happy is not a life I want to "try" and live. I'm already close to the edge with it.

Cheers everyone.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

I've noticed too when I feel better all the things I can't remember or aware off are there in my head waiting for me! I just want to snap out of it like I have in the past and stay that way! When I do get to about 80% it's like I'm battling my own mind to stay like that then my head starts to hurt and I feel it slipping away and I sink away again,
I'm even considering seeing a dietitian encase it's something to do with good or diet issues.
I've noticed too in having spells where I feel more me of feeling very very emotional & tired like I'm stuck in that high feeling you get when you cry or get very upset - only it wears off quicker when in a normal state. It stays for longer when like this, Honest to god I've said and done some crazy things in this state I would never dream of saying or doing. Also I lack the awareness of situations unfolding in front or around me or even the power to hold a conversation and even have the awareness to ask questions back!

Oosh
15-05-14, 21:52
Hiya mate

I'm glad you've found out what it is you've been struggling with.

I've actually very little knowledge of depersonalisation. It wasn't until I read this forum that I asked myself have I experienced that. I think I have but am not entirely sure.

I used to get very spaced out and anxious. I saw it more as completely losing myself. I'd just forget what I felt like. My confidence would plummet to zero in an instant. If anyone turned up when I was like that I just wouldn't be able to speak to them I'd feel and sound weird, spaced out.
But some on here describe it as being way more than that so I don't know if that's what I've experienced.

I have read some on here be very knowledgeable about depersonalisation on here though and hopefully they'll post and help you out.

Hang in there pal. It's good that you're getting glimpses of feeling ok. At least things are occasionally firing right. I'm sure everything will all back in place in time.

Just spotted this in General Anxiety board.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=154361

Sound similair ?
Maybe someone will post a few tips in there over coming days.