PDA

View Full Version : getting really scared now...

peach
06-12-06, 23:57
hi all, so sorry to bother you all with this again,...
its my throat prob...the lump has almost gone, its just a bit sore...my main prob now is that when i talk it tickles my throat and makes it more sore..so im so scared of what it is..and am hardly talking at all now..3 weeks ago doc felt throat and looked and said nothing is there, but if it keeps irritating me, to come back and she will org camera down throat...now i have read up on this procedure and am terrified that a:i will have to get a needle to go to sleep...b:they will find something....
oh god...i tried not stressing..im supposed to be going on hols in 2 weeks...doc said i need the break...if its a vocal node..then they would need to operate..see it just popped up one day after i had been under heaps of stress..and it was the lump bothering me for weeks..not speech..now lump ok, but speech is prob...im so scared...pls, any advise...
have any of you had the camera thing? is is as bad as im hearing?
im starting to really freak out...this year has been the worst in my life...
im so sorry to put this on all of you...

Lynnann
07-12-06, 00:05
Hi Peach,

I haven't had any throat problems but the procedure with the camera is very common, I know some people that have had it and although they discribe it as "unpleasant" their words. They didn't use any stronger discription than that. If it gets to the bottom of your problem it will be worth it.

Try to relax and don't be sorry thats what we are here for.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

yorkylover
07-12-06, 10:41
Hi Peach,I have had this done.In some hospitals they spray the back of the throat to numb it,and some hospitals you are sedated.Being anxious it would be better to be sedated like I was.It was all very quick and painless.I had a lovely kip.After they give you a cup of tea,and you can go home.Honest there is nothing to worry about pet.

Ellen XX

Humly
07-12-06, 15:53
My husband and my mum have both had this done recently. They had the spray thing to the back of the throat and said it was fine, no problem. Take care. you will be ok.