PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope anymore

TelBoy
05-05-14, 19:25
Hi All

I have had panic and anxiety ever since I can remember from about 14 years old onwards..... I didn't have it for years from when I was 17 to 23 I have NO idea why it went away, but these days I seem to have even more strange things happening to me....and I just can't cope with it anymore.

Years ago when I first had it, I would get very nervous and shaking sweaty hands and feeing like I couldn't breathe...at first of course I wondered what the hell was happening to me but as the years went on, I kind of got use to it when I got in that state. I am now in my 50s and I keep getting like a tightness in my chest that seems to radiate up to my throat as though I am being strangled ::scared15: this is especially when I am doing something. I have been checked at A&E I don't know how many times, and thank GOD so far, all has been normal or as they say it's all fine.... I have had heart scans, CT scans, MRI scans, you name it, blood tests to death and yet I still have this terrible problem *whatever it is * When I get this pain it worries me to death:scared15: the thing is , I don't get it all the time, but when I sometime climb upstairs I get it, sometimes I don't, or sometime I can be doing nothing and I get it.. it is so worrying, as I just feel the doctors are missing something:weep: Has anyone else had this, I would be very pleased to hear from any of you if you think you have had the same... thanks all.

sophiethestar
06-05-14, 21:40
I sometimes get a pain in my chest which sounds pretty similar. To me it's quite a sharp pain mainly in the centre of my chest. I get it when my anxiety is at its worst, which was pretty much all the time when I was around 15/16. It's calmed down a lot but when my anxiety 'flares up' the pain returns. It's either when I breathe in or sometimes when I breathe out- really strange. I went to the Doctor when I was 15 because I was worried about it. He said it was either swollen joints in my chest or caffeine intolerance.

It sounds like you've had lots of checks, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Hope you feel better soon. :)