PDA

View Full Version : Inner ear fluid causing anxiety

BamaGirl
05-05-14, 21:32
Since March 22nd of this year I've suffered from this horrible dizziness. I feel as though it was all brought on by stress. My home life was going very badly and I woke up panicking every day. When the problems in my life resolved a bit I then noticed I was dizzy and my ears felt weird and I felt like I was gonna pass out. I went to the hospital and they diagnosed it as inner ear fluid build up. Gave me two weeks worth of antibiotics but it didn't help. Neither did the anti dizzy meds. Im still soooo dizzy and it scares me every day...I can't have fun or enjoy anything. I'm so miserable...is there anyone who has experienced this and got better??

HoneyLove
05-05-14, 21:38
Hi BamaGirl, it's an unfortunate side effect of inner ear problems that they can spark off anxiety. It's because your brain is a little confused with the mixed messages from your balance system while the fluid is still in your ear. If you try to remember this when you're feeling anxious it will take some of the edge away and stop the anxiety from developing further, it takes practice though.

If the medication hasn't worked then you need to go back to your doctor and have it looked at again. Don't be afraid to tell them that this hasn't worked for you and ask them to look again. If it is fluid built up in your inner ear then you may find some relief from cutting out some foods that create extra mucus like dairy, make sure you research it properly first before making any changes to your diet.

Shiloh
06-05-14, 13:46
Hi

Yup. I've had this exact same thing since December last year when I had a very sudden onset bout of vertigo. The worst of the attack lasted maybe a couple hours, but I've been totally unsteady ever since. Lying down or sitting still I'm OK but as soon I start walking around the giddiness is awful. I have bad tinnitus which I've had for ten years maybe but I now feel my head is full of porridge and its creaking around in my ears. The Doc gave me meds for the mucus build up but it made no difference. I'm going back to see him soon.:weep:

Annie0904
06-05-14, 13:55
I have had the same since January. The doctor has given me Doxycycline and I am on my 3rd day of taking them. Ears no better yet and feeling nauseous from the tablets :(

Rennie1989
06-05-14, 14:07
I had fluid in the inner ear, pain in the whatsit!

Unfortunately you have to let it run its course and fix itself. My doctor recommended that I treated mine as a sinus infection and breathe in Vic vapour. It's now gone, but it did take its time ;)

BamaGirl
06-05-14, 16:20
Thanks everyone for your answers :) everyone says it has to take it's time I know but goodness I wish it would hurry up! Lol. I feel so spacey and disconnected from my body sometimes and it's hard to think or function :/ I suffered with panic a long time before all this ear stuff...but everything was going so well I was controlling them and now because I'm scared everyday the panic makes my symptoms worse!

iPodClassic
06-05-14, 16:29
Thanks everyone for your answers :) everyone says it has to take it's time I know but goodness I wish it would hurry up! Lol. I feel so spacey and disconnected from my body sometimes and it's hard to think or function :/ I suffered with panic a long time before all this ear stuff...but everything was going so well I was controlling them and now because I'm scared everyday the panic makes my symptoms worse!

Let me ask you, since I seem to be going through the same. Do you get like SEVERE short lasting dizzy spells? Because I am getting those very frecuently lately and it's scaring the hell outta me. I'm trying very hard not to google any symptoms or whatever but you know, I am getting more and more scared as time goes by.

I wonder if I should go to the ER. But then I suffer of a lot of muscular tension on shoulders/Jaw and back, so it could also be related to that, I hope.

BamaGirl
06-05-14, 16:48
My dizzy spells last all day ranging from a feeling of heavy head pressure to just a little dizzy. It couldn't hurt to talk to a doctor...if you're tense or stressed right now that could always be a factor!

HoneyLove
06-05-14, 16:55
Let me ask you, since I seem to be going through the same. Do you get like SEVERE short lasting dizzy spells? Because I am getting those very frecuently lately and it's scaring the hell outta me. I'm trying very hard not to google any symptoms or whatever but you know, I am getting more and more scared as time goes by.

I wonder if I should go to the ER. But then I suffer of a lot of muscular tension on shoulders/Jaw and back, so it could also be related to that, I hope.

It could very well be connected to the tension in your muscles, but this is really the kind of thing you should talk to your doctor about. The ER isn't necessary unless you have an emergency, but visit your GP and tell them what your symptoms are.