PDA

View Full Version : Does anticipation get anyone else?

rtpu2004
06-05-14, 13:58
Hi All,

I've noticed recently, today especially, on days when I'm feeling reasonably nice in comparison to other days, that I start to anticipate anxiety and get scared that I am going to lose control and what not.

For example, I've been studying all day today at the uni library and I probably pushed it a bit because I had work very early this morning. (Been up since 5.30am and its 11pm atm, another early start tomorrow). Anyway, I was having such a nice day today until about 2 hours ago, where I just started thinking that maybe I'm going to flip out.

Mind you, contributing factors were probably exhausting, hospital-style lighting and caffeine.

But still, in said situations, how do people deal with the anticipation of anxiety and/or panic attacks?

Distraction is an obvious one, but I honestly couldn't distract myself. Can anybody give me some tips or provide some useful resources they've looked at themselves?

I'm still feeling like I'm tittering on the edges of a panic attack and i can't seem to get some down time. I need sleep! :lac:

xrachykinsx
06-05-14, 17:12
Hey, this is solely what my anxiety is based on! The fear of having a bad day or the 'feeling' of anxiety. I struggle to sit down and do absolutely nothing because of it. The thought of anxiety makes me feel a bit sad. Its been hard for me to recover as I'm a stay at home mummy...so I'm very bored! Lol start a new job next week, so hopefully soon my focus won't be anxiety :) xx

rtpu2004
07-05-14, 05:02
Good to know that someone gets it!

For me, I am a very busy person. I work 25hrs a week on top of full time study so I barely have much time where I can truly relax and when I do, I find myself thinking about my anxiety woes, which in turn, makes me anxious.

Can't seem to win atm!

Charlotteee89
07-05-14, 23:05
Oh gosh Anticipatory Anxiety is trying to be my best friend right now! I've been doing alright for a good few days but since yesterday I've been feeling a bit 'off'.

My allergies have flared up which causes my sinuses to swell which in return causes a lot of tiredness & lethargy & the exhaustion is causing me to feel ill at work & make work very hard & as soon as I start feeling tired or lightheaded I start to get anxious that then starts the anxiety cycle - constant scanning of myself wondering how I'm feeling, reminding myself of anxiety, causing me to feel anxious anyway & then feeling anxious because I feel anxious. Sigh.

As soon as my mind is in 'anxiety mode' I'm constantly analyzing myself wondering if I feel anxious & allowing myself to think I should feel anxious over something. It's a nightmare!