PDA

View Full Version : Negative thoughts again !

Gemmal
06-05-14, 21:28
I was doing really well and trying to love a normal life but now I have returned back to square one .

Utterly convinced I have Hodgkin's lymphoma due to itching and also pain with alcohol , and I can't get it out my head it's been two years four months of these on and off symptoms .

I'm thinking about going to the doctor again I haven't seen him in two years when he said I was perfectly healthy and my fears were anxiety so I don't really want to go back I think he would be shocked to see I'm still worrying over this

I don't know what to do :( it's driving me insane !

On the plus side I have put on a stone in the past year ( not that I want to but it makes me feel relieved that I don't have weightloss ) I can't believe I think like this sometimes

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

I know I post a lot on here but does anyone have any thoughts ? Xx

worryworryworry
06-05-14, 21:53
Hi Gemma

I asked my ent about the alcohol and he said it is a rare symptom and most likely a reaction to alcohol itself as alcohol does suppress the immune system. I mean it has been a long time- you most likely wouldn't have put in weight and most likely would have vet very large glands protruding!

Hope you can find some calm

B x

Gemmal
06-05-14, 21:58
Worry worry worry thank you so much for your response ! The alcohol thing was really bugging me as I don't know if I'm imagining it and couldn't bare to google if there was actually a benign cause for the pain I'm so glad you told me there could be another option !

I know I have had numerous bloods chest x rays and feel no glands if I didn't have the alcohol pain I don't think I would be as concerned !

Thank you very much for your reply and hope you are well

worryworryworry
06-05-14, 22:08
Worry worry worry thank you so much for your response ! The alcohol thing was really bugging me as I don't know if I'm imagining it and couldn't bare to google if there was actually a benign cause for the pain I'm so glad you told me there could be another option !

I know I have had numerous bloods chest x rays and feel no glands if I didn't have the alcohol pain I don't think I would be as concerned !

Thank you very much for your reply and hope you are well

It's funny after I was told that the alcohol pain seemed to disappear!

Glad to help

B x

Gemmal
06-05-14, 22:14
lol ! I hope that happens to me soon as I do enjoy a cocktail or two !

It's funny when I'm distracted my itching dissapears . The power of the mind is scary. I really hope the alcohol pain is endured by the mind xx

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

lol ! I hope that happens to me soon as I do enjoy a cocktail or two !

It's funny when I'm distracted my itching dissapears . The power of the mind is scary. I really hope the alcohol pain is induced by the mind xx

Gemmal
07-05-14, 10:09
So I went to my docs this morning! finally took some brave pills and she done some bloods for me, for re assurance yet again! I'm praying and hoping they come back normal, its just the waiting game now for a week!

worryworryworry
07-05-14, 23:52
Hi Gemma

Well done-I'm sure you will be fine and my gp told me to come back and see him once a month if I like for a little mot to help-maybe do the same until u can stop going. I'm going on Friday to chat and get a breast check.

Stay strong and focus on today

B x