PDA

View Full Version : Worried about tonsil cancer!

ecila92
06-05-14, 21:07
Hi all,

I'm really concerned about my right tonsil, basically, I have tonsil stones (gross) and I usually try to remove them with a cotton wool bud which doesn't always work.

However, yesterday I was feeling my tonsil with the cotton wool bud and it felt like there were hard lumps in my right tonsil, that tonsil has also been a lot bigger than the other one for a while and I did mention it to my doctor once but he just shrugged it off.

I'm so worried as to why my right tonsil is hard and not soft like the other one. I'm really hoping its just a build up of tonsil stones but how can they get inside my tonsil? Usually they are behind them in their little crypts!

Anxiety has been bad the last few weeks and just as I thought things were calming down, I notice this and immediately panic. I did have a doctors booked this week for something else but I had to cancel as I'm working.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Or if it is a build up of stones how do I successfully get rid of them if they're inside my tonsil.

Worries :weep:

Thanks

pau1200
06-05-14, 21:17
Hi,

Im no doctor so cant give you any advice about your tonsils, and you should only take advice from your doctor. Im suffering with anxiety too and know what it feels like when things get out of control.
The best thing to do if you think something is wrong is to get medical help, dont let work get in the way of seeking medical help.

Try and keep calm, there is the nhs help number that may be able to give reliable medical advice, i think the number is 111 if that helps.

unsure_about_this
06-05-14, 21:30
I also no doctor, I agree with pau1200 about advice from your doctor, also you could try getting an appointment with your dentist who may be able to see if you have problems with your tonsil.