PDA

View Full Version : Tooth abscess help!

LilysMummy
07-05-14, 02:50
I went to my dentist today who said I had a tooth abcsess, I'm in so much pain taking paracetamol and my antibiotics which I started this morning, of course I've looked on google and read about getting the infection in your blood stream and causing heart problems, now I'm worrying even more along with the pain! I'm also 35 weeks pregnant so can't have anything other than paracetamol any advice wauld be great, thanks

jillyb
07-05-14, 05:32
They are so miserable and really painful. The antibiotics will soon kick in and the swelling (which is causing the pain) will go. I had one last year so I know how you're feeling. You know what Dr Google is like ...always worst scenario, and with HA that's ALL we focus on! Try and think of all the people you know who have had a tooth abscess and how many ended up with blood poisoning ...none I bet! Very common and respond to antibiotics. Good luck with your pregnancy ...not long to go now! How exciting. X. PS my brother in law was a dentist for 40 years and NONE of his patients ever had blood poisoning from an abscess!