PDA

View Full Version : IRRATIONAL PANICKING: The thread

sleepy_lady
07-05-14, 03:19
Sorry if a thread like this already exists, I couldn't find one in the search!

This thread is for venting about your ridiculous panics, the ones you know are irrational, but you cannot get control of.

Right now, I just opened my kitchen cabinet and smelled a weird smell. When I looked down, I saw a roach killing disk. Now I'm scared that I breathed in roach poison! It's been 6 minutes now, lol. Barely holding back my panic.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

And here I am, alive, over 10 minutes later.

C'mon y'all, don't be shy! Let's laugh at ourselves. :)

HalfJack
07-05-14, 04:30
sometimes when something goes wrong with my health I loose perspective, like when I chipped a tooth I burst into tears and had a panic attack because I didn't want to loose all my teeth and need dentures...

Joseph12
07-05-14, 12:09
Hey my name is Joseph!
I am suffering from irrational panicking and i am not getting the root causes of this disease. The first symptom of panic attack in my case is that i started to grin my teeth badly and sweating begins to start too in my case. I am really tense from these panic attacks and i wanted your suggestions and need your help!

Tanner40
07-05-14, 12:15
The absolute greatbthing about your post is that you know that these are irrational fears. Laughing at ourself is always good. Yesterday I sat on the toilet at work and the back of my shirt tail rested on the far back of the toilet. The toilet handle was dripping and my shirt tail got wet. I immediately worried that chemicals had gotten on my shirt. It took about 10 seconds until I was laughing at myself.

sleepy_lady
07-05-14, 17:22
Oh my gosh tanner that is exactly what I would do in that situation.

I actually once had a mini anxiety attack in a public restroom, then laid on the floor to get rid of the faint feeling, and then of course I smelled cleaning products. It's a public restroom! So I convinced myself that I'd breathed in too many floor cleaning products and had a full blown attack. So silly, I was fine.

And another time, my little brother dumped nair down our bathroom sink. I turned the water on hot to wash my face, and breathed in some nair smell. Cue me thinking that I've just burned the inside of my lungs and was about to die of non-functioning lungs.
Obviously that didn't happen! Panic is a beast.

Cheesemonster13
07-05-14, 21:08
I'm always afraid of missing the top step of an escalator and falling through the gap (survives from my childhood).

On British trains you have to hit a button to open the door. The door won't open until the button lights up, and I panic every time thinking that I will be trapped on the train and miss my station.

When anyone flashes their lights on the road, I assume they are signalling me and there is something dangerously wrong with my car.

swgrl09
07-05-14, 21:17
I had a panic attack this weekend because I was bored ...

In short, I started feeling antsy/agitated but did not know why. I had been just hanging out watching TV with my husband. I had no idea why I felt that way and was anxious about it. I started getting so mad at myself, thinking I was crazy, crying because I am convinced I am a crazy person.

My husband looked at me and said "Are you sure you're not just bored? I looked at him and thought... no, no it can't just be that. Then he dragged me out for a walk and I felt fine. I was just bored.

Mr.Jitters
07-05-14, 22:43
This one time, I watched a programme about a meteorite shooting through this woman's roof in the states and narrowly missing her bed. Didn't go upstairs in my house for a few days. If that's not laughable, I don't know what is.

Joseph12
08-05-14, 05:58
I agree with sleepy lady because i use to do the same thing with cleaning products and i use to smell them to avoid my panic attacks.

HalfJack
10-05-14, 04:14
This one time, I watched a programme about a meteorite shooting through this woman's roof in the states and narrowly missing her bed. Didn't go upstairs in my house for a few days. If that's not laughable, I don't know what is.

haha yes! I have done that too!

---------- Post added at 04:14 ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 ----------

I used to imagine a "bad crow" at the bottom of the stairs when I was a kid, and to this day badly lit stars creep me out, but only when I'm at the top!

Oh and I have to get out the bath before the water whirls after I've pulled the plug out because I don't want to get sucked in...

Jennie726
10-05-14, 19:05
My husband showed me a video of a sink hole and it put me in panic mode immediately and I started obsessively thinking, "what if that happens here??" Silly I know, but I seem to panic over everything.