PDA

View Full Version : breathing is hard

paula78
07-05-14, 08:55
Hi all, well I've not posted on here for a bit but really need help of ypu guys today, I've had a bad tooth infection on an off for about 5 weeks that won't clear up, I also have shortness of breath an a really rapid heartbeat, my gp did blood tests an said alls good an listened to my chest an said it sounds clear, she said it is common anxiety symptoms but its really bad I cnt even walk to the room dfoor an I'm out of breath! Could it be the infection I'm suffering from, or is it just my anxiety? My HA is kicking in an I fear the worst! Can anyone help! xxxxxx

Annie0904
07-05-14, 09:01
Probably a bit of both, the infection will have you feeling really run down and exhausted and the stress of that is a trigger for anxiety which also makes you feel out of breath. I am the same at the moment. I have a sinus infection and worrying about that has triggered my anxiety. I am feeling totally exhausted :(

paula78
07-05-14, 09:40
Aww Annie I know its awful, I just cnt get a grip of it atall, I've had infection after infection this year an currently in my 5th lot. Of antibiotics since february, I feel tired, weak an sad all the time :( I do hope your feeling better soon, an have you tried sinus washes or menthol crystals? You can get the crystals from a chemist! Give them a go when I got them they are in a really tiny bottle an u only need about 2 or 3 crystals in a bowl of boiling water an inhale close by !! Sending you hugs x

Annie0904
07-05-14, 11:25
I have the menthol crystals and even they don't seem to be getting through. I have just been back to the doctors and she wants me to persevere with the antibiotics.

Tanner40
07-05-14, 12:11
Paula, I hope that you feel better soon. Anxiety and an infection can certainly cause all of the breathing issues that you have had. Have you tried doing some guided deep breathing or meditation exercises? There are plentynof good ones on YouTube to choose from. That will usually help me to calm my breathing down to a more regular and slow pattern.

paula78
08-05-14, 16:14
Thankyou Tanner, I will try them, today I feel just as bad but different, my heart is beating very oddly an my breathing is short an then okay an then short again, I dnt feel down or depressed in any way just panicky shaky, I feel my hb literally bang in my throat an then stop, its strange but I can actually feel my heart where as usually we wouldn't be aware of it do you understand what I mean... Its doin my head in, dunno whether to have diazepam to sort it out? X

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Annie go with the flow take them an if you dnt feel better within a few days go back hunny x