PDA

View Full Version : Something is better than nothing...right?

belle
07-12-06, 16:04
Its nothing major, but this morning i came downstairs to a kitchen stinking of TOM CAT! I had a tom break in through my cat flap and try to "do" my poor little Billy-Cat.
I immediately called the vets and asked if they could spay her today and luckily they could.
I drove straight down there, and granted, its about a mile so not far at all (to me it is..lol) but i arrived at 9.15 and i finally left at 9.40, i had a very pleasant wait actually. There was NO anxiety at all, oh no, that hit when i realised i had to collect her.
I arranged to get her at 3.30, it was supposed to be 4pm, but i don't like driving in the dark, and i asked my ex to meet me there "just in case i felt bad" (he works next door to the vets).
I was of course fine.
Came home £60 worse off, but still - in one piece :)
Sarah

honeybee3939
07-12-06, 16:14
Hi Sarah

WELL DONE, Thats a great achievement!Be proud of yourself !

Hope little Billy is ok too!

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Granny Primark
07-12-06, 16:24
Well done sarah!!! It might seem something small to people not suffering with panic, but its a great achievment for you.
Its amazing how very often something good comes from something bad.

Take care
LYNN xx

HazyMind
07-12-06, 16:49
You done so well, Well Done!!! :D:D:D

I really need to get our cat spayed but keep putting it off due to anxiety, so our poor cat isnt having a life outside...wish I was as brave as you!!

WELL DONE!!!:D:D:D

trac67
07-12-06, 16:52
Well done Sarah, you did soooo well, and remember what may only seem a small step for people without anxiety is a huge step for those of us with it, so be very proud of what you have achieved.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
07-12-06, 16:57
Well you were in one piece Sarah!!!

Well done, I think there were several different anxiety monsters in that and you beat the lot of them.

Great stuff

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

yorkylover
07-12-06, 17:19
Well done sarah
hope pussy cat is ok.

Ellen XX

strawberrie
07-12-06, 17:34
well done sarah, sometimes its better to not have the time to think about things, and just get on and do them.

mag

BTW, i thought you looked dead pretty in your my space :D (and before you think it, I wouldnt say it if i didnt mean it)

candie
07-12-06, 17:50
Hi sarah,

Its amazing that when you have more important things on your mind the anxiety and panics dont rear their ugly head,you didnt have time to think so you were fine.

That just goes to show we can do things if we put our mind to it!!

Take care,Candie xxx

Southern_Belle
07-12-06, 17:58
Hi Sarah,

Well done. I think it was very brave of you to face your fears for the love of your cat. Sometimes we will go to great lengths for others rather than for ourselves.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Piglet
07-12-06, 21:05
Very well done Sarah.

Piglet :)

belle
07-12-06, 22:04
THANK YOU ALL :)

"Southern Belle"... Not really for the love of my cat, it was more for the love of a hygenic kitchen where a stinking tom won't pee everywhere anymore...lol I think my cat is a little bit angry with me that she won't be sharing "cat love" with Mr Tom anymore... :)

"Strawberrie" ... i disagree.

Sarah

Nel
08-12-06, 16:02
I’d say that was more than ‘something’! You scored a 10 out of 10 there hon! (To explain - my CB therapist gave me a score sheet 1 - 10 for achievements because I was feeling I wasn’t achieving much on my practice outings. I get a score even if I think about going out, and get ready to go but don’t quite make it, as it’s still an achievement. 0 is not even thinking about going anywhere and 10 is going where I want and having no anxiety).

Nel xxx

strawberrie
08-12-06, 22:44
well, we will agree to disagree then sarah,

hope your cat is coping without any 'cat love' - the saucy mare

mag

belle
08-12-06, 23:38
She escaped through an upstairs window 6 hours ago, haven't seen her since!