PDA

View Full Version : Sinus question

violet33
07-05-14, 20:23
I recently had a sinus infection which cleared after. 2 wks if antibiotics , but now that infection is gone I'm still having some post nasal drip which is very little & VERY PALE green. I have to look to see the green. My dr says it because of allergies which caused the infection. & that allergies can cause a slight green color. Very few ppl seem to be aware of this. Most ppl think any green is infection. A few yrs ago I was coughing up small amounts of green. & my dr said lungs. & bronchial tubes were clear. & put me on allergy med. & it cleared up. Has ANYONE ever heard of allergies causing green or yellow mucous without infection? Thank You

Dex
07-05-14, 21:41
I recently had a sinus infection which cleared after. 2 wks if antibiotics , but now that infection is gone I'm still having some post nasal drip which is very little & VERY PALE green. I have to look to see the green. My dr says it because of allergies which caused the infection. & that allergies can cause a slight green color. Very few ppl seem to be aware of this. Most ppl think any green is infection. A few yrs ago I was coughing up small amounts of green. & my dr said lungs. & bronchial tubes were clear. & put me on allergy med. & it cleared up. Has ANYONE ever heard of allergies causing green or yellow mucous without infection? Thank You

Yes. Suffered with sinus issues on and off all my life. Mostly through allegies. Lets face it snot is green and yellow ish and thats normal :)

I get it alot and dr says its quite normal to have that and no infection.

violet33
08-05-14, 00:49

Thank you

RoseEve
08-05-14, 01:07
Yes I get this too, green, yellow I know my sinuses are really acting up when there is blood.

Worried 24/7
08-05-14, 02:02
I get crusty green boogers when I wake up and always have. I've always had sinus issues. Green doesn't always mean infection. I read that recently.