PDA

View Full Version : Hello

bhilz
07-05-14, 20:38
My name is Beth, I'm 37 years old and have had anxiety issues for as long as I can remember. My major source of panic attacks is highway driving. I've recently had a great experience driving from my house to see my Mom and Sister who are about 2 hours away. I took the highway the whole time. When panic happens, I will take the back roads and it ends up taking me 4 hours to get there...so this was pretty good!

I have been diagnosed with Agoraphobia and GAD. I really am working hard to try to eliminate the highway panic. I have general anxiety daily. Most of it shows up as health related issue panic. Like I have a brain tumor if my head hurts or if my heart skips a beat or beats faster than normal I'm going to have a heart attack. Nothing so far has helped me with the daily anxiety. I do take a few medications but they don't seem to help with that.

I'm glad I found this group! Hopefully I will be able to relate to a lot of people here. My family doesn't understand it. It would be nice to talk with someone who does.

Thanks for reading!

:)

Oosh
07-05-14, 21:08
Welcome to the site :]

SADnomore
08-05-14, 22:52
:welcome: Beth! Great strides, btw! :yahoo:
Marie

aprilmoon
08-05-14, 23:13
Hi Beth!

Jill123
12-05-14, 14:02
hi b, i also suffer from GAD. Sometimes i think it's the end of the world and i will never feel normal again. then i have a good day and off and on. my family don't understand and i cannot discuss this issue with them. their attitude is 'get over it'. i'm so glad i came across this site and able to relate to people such as yourself. thanks. xxx