PDA

View Full Version : I canceled my colonoscopy today.....

tuesdayschild44
07-05-14, 22:10
My doctor wanted me to have it because of 30 pound weight loss in two years, but he doesn't realize that almost 20 of that was a two years ago before and after my gallbladder had to be removed, I was scared to eat when they told me I had a gallstones, I had to wait almost 5 weeks to get the operation thus the weight came off, after that food was not my friend. I had an anxiety attack almost every meal time. And now with my recent panic and anxiety I have lost almost 10 pounds again. I am sure that once I get better the weight will come back. I am forcing myself to eat and I read that in order to put weight on I need to consume 500 more calories a day, but who counts calories? I know this is probably on more than one topic, sorry about that, I just need someone to talk to.

AlexandriaUK
07-05-14, 23:00
I can understand you being afraid to have the colononoscopy they are not the nicest things to undergo but I suspect your Dr was trying to help you put your anxiety to rest once and for all,the slight problem is that you will start to wish you had gone through with it,was weight loss your only symptom.

tuesdayschild44
07-05-14, 23:05
Well diarreah too, but another doctor told me that was because I don't have a gallbladder anymore and that actually got better until the anxiety and panic attacks,

AlexandriaUK
07-05-14, 23:17
So rationally you now except the fact that most of your symptoms are anxiety based, yes he's right it will take a while for your body to return to normal , keep a healthy diet and your weight go back on, if It doesn't go back to docs x

mark henri
04-10-14, 03:26
I have not face any colonoscopy yet. I have some fear about this test as it is so embarrassing for me. As you canceled your test, you should be aware about your health to keep your body feet.