PDA

View Full Version : need advice - slow heart rate

Danii
08-05-14, 03:26
So, I have health anxiety, usually worried I'll have a stroke/aneurysm, heart problems, allergic to foods. My symptoms creep up on me. I don't feel stressed from an event from my life then begin to worry, I get symptoms out of nowhere, caused by anxiety.

I've had the palpitations, racing heart upon rising, if I drink even one drink the next morning my heart is at 120 for atleastr an hour. This happened on and off for the last ten years. I'm 26, female, weigh 120, 5 foot four inches.

My questions : does anyone else have a resting pulse of 60 or below?

I work on my feet all day, in a hospital. I only sit for my 30 min break. I don't own a car and I walk half a mile to and from the subway every day. About four times a week I ride my bike for an hour, and I eat mostly healthy. Is this resting heart rate normal? When I have bad anxiety its jumped to 150, twice in my life its been over 200.

A recent EKG was normal. My heart rate in the middle of my work day is between 70-80. I was just wondering if anyone else has this low a pulse, even with anxiety?

Thank you, sorry for the length, I'm trying not to Google!
Forgot a key point.. My resting heart rate, as in, I've been laying in bed for 20 min, is 56. And I'm worried its too slow

Worried 24/7
08-05-14, 03:39
Mine right now laying on the couch is 66

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

And I'm out of shape after the long winter

sleepy_lady
08-05-14, 18:34
Mine drops into the mid 50s while I'm sleepin, and is in the mid/early 60s when I'm relaxing. I hardly exercise and my heart rate is always in the 100s when I'm standing.