PDA

View Full Version : Relationship OCD....

HunniBee
08-05-14, 12:18
Hi All,

Please could someone help?

I am looking for an explanation on Relationship OCD?

I suffer from OCD as it is, making sure things are locked, making sure I haven't forgotten anything etc over and over again which can be very tiring but I have this thing with relationships where whenever someone starts to get close or there is a slight hint of commitment I get this terrible anxiety and have that fight or flight feeling and I know I have to run. It is not just one or two relationships it is every single one.

I used to be good and it would be that they would last months or years but now its a matter or days or weeks and here comes that feeling and I just know I have to run to make the anxiety go away, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders once I have done it.

Please could someone offer some insight??

Annoyed and Troubled :huh:

HB xx

Oosh
08-05-14, 12:38
Well see if you can shed some light on it.
You get anxiety at the thought of any commitment. So what does commitment mean to you ? What do you see when you think of long term commitment to this person that scares you ?

You must enjoy company, we all do when theres no anxiety and people need people, its natural.
Everyone likes to love and be loved.

So what else is there.

Maybe, because you feel you have issues and you feel you keep them private, maybe you feel that you can only keep the real anxious/ocd you hidden from them for so long and after a while they will see the real you and believe at that point youll be rejected. So you get out before that point.

only a theory by the way :-)

HunniBee
08-05-14, 12:50
Hi Oosh,

Thank you for your comment.

Commitment is a big thing to me, it means staying faithful to that person, never hurting them and being happy together.

I do not know why that scares me, I don't think its the thought of commitment itself, I just want to run even if they are perfect and we get along really well. It just creeps up and I still feeling panicky.

Oh I do not keep my OCD/Issues secret, everyone knows I am, well, unique to say the least lol. I had this feeling a few years back and I OD'd to try and stop the feeling...needless to say that was a very stupid thing to do but I just wanted the feeling to stop and I wanted to feel normal...anything but how I was feeling.

And lately I have been doing so so well, I have been happy, plodding along with life, I start a new job soon and last thing I want to do is mess that up!

HB xx

Oosh
08-05-14, 13:19
"unique" haha, like it.

Oh well relationship ocd is probably a bit beyond me then.

It would take me an age to read up on it enough to give a competent explanation.

Im sure someone here will relate.

Good luck with your new job.