PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for blood tests !

Gemmal
08-05-14, 15:13
Yesterday I got blood taken at 9 am for my lymphoma fears and have been worried sick since as I feel something is going to flag up !

Do you think the bloods would have been done by now , I'm hoping I'm in the " clear " for something extremely serious ?

I don't think I can wait a whole week !

swgrl09
08-05-14, 15:14
It probably depends on the tests they do and the place you go. When I got my tests done, which were pretty basic, it took only a day or two. Some take longer.

Darren1
08-05-14, 15:18
Yesterday I got blood taken at 9 am for my lymphoma fears and have been worried sick since as I feel something is going to flag up !

Do you think the bloods would have been done by now , I'm hoping I'm in the " clear " for something extremely serious ?

I don't think I can wait a whole week !

I go to a hospital in the midlands for my blood tests and my surgery already have them by 5pm the same day because the bloods are just put through a computer system automatically.

I think most are the same now but they still tell you to wait 1 week

Gemmal
08-05-14, 16:02
Thanks guys ! I'm hoping that's the case with my surgery !

Darren1
08-05-14, 16:12
Thanks guys ! I'm hoping that's the case with my surgery !

they wouldn't have time to do them all manually

i was in a gp appointment one time and they appeared on the computer during the appointment!

PBL80
08-05-14, 16:54
Didn't u ask them when the bloods would be ready at the time? I had my bloods taken last week and I'm still waiting - they should be checked tomorrow.

Darren1
08-05-14, 17:12
you can speed things up by asking the receptionist to get the doctor to read them today - say you are going on holiday!

Gemmal
08-05-14, 17:32
I was told to phone back in a week but when my mum had some abnormal results they phoned the same day !

Thanks B you have been great and so supportive with my fears I'm going to repeat this to myself over the next few days until my results come through !
Darren that is a great idea I might use the holiday excuse tomorrow lol !

Gemmal
12-05-14, 14:30
Just a little update my blood tests came back as normal ! I'm so relieved after two and half years of literally convincing myself I had hodgkins I'm starting to believe I'm okay now ...
After all would my bloods definately be all over the place by now ?
Thanks guys I don't know where I would be without this forum !

rebeccad
12-05-14, 15:10
Yes they are usually back the same day my doctor told me this today as I'm going for bloods Friday x