PDA

View Full Version : Please help thinking I,m going mad.

RATFINK
08-05-14, 17:11
Hi all. I seem to be really struggling here at mo, I just can't seem to have a happy wk. my ocd is coming back strong like when I first had them back when I was 10 yrs old. I,m 38 so it's a long time I no. Most problems I can sort others like this I cannot se sense with them, this worry escalated because of Facebook when just browsing through on other peoples profiles. Noticed my daughters friend on Facebook so just just browsed onto hers seeing if any pics of my daughter etc. didn't think anything of it at time. Then a thought pops in later, what if!!! There family find out I looked at her profile like my name will appear to say I looked at her page. Her friend is 11 as my daughter. So thoughts came in big style like why are you looking at a 11 yr olds Facebook. Yesterday was my daughters birthday party with all her friends. I didn't enjoy it because of my dread and guilt and fear if being labelled a peodaphile. Reassurance and checking came in big style that's why I want to ask I no I,m being stupid but I can't help it. Please reply thanks much. B

burtie
08-05-14, 22:26
It is ocd. Distract. I have same fears. Try not to ruminate as hard as that is!

RATFINK
09-05-14, 00:57
I,ve tried but it's just like auto pilot. I can't see the commen sence in it. Thanks for the reply.

alice123
13-05-14, 08:54
Yes - its something that's crossed my mind too in the past when browsing, but if you think in terms of cbt - would anyone really think you were being a predator, and are you the only person that browses through people you know on Facebook - I think not? The internet has opened up a whole new genre of causes of anxiety and ocd.