PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Quizzes

nomorepanic
08-05-14, 19:04
Hi all

We have noticed recently that there are very few members that come to our Saturday Night Quiz in the Chat room.

It takes a lot of time to write the quizzes and we feel that it may be better attended if the quiz was monthly rather than weekly.

Any comments?

Nic, Emmz, Paul and Lisa

nomorepanic
09-05-14, 00:00
Clearly not then :shrug:

venusbluejeans
09-05-14, 00:05
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/sad-face.gif

t0rt01se36
09-05-14, 11:01
I like to and will take part in the quiz, what ever day and whether it's weekly or monthly.

Please don't feel disheartened.

unsure_about_this
09-05-14, 11:31
I know I have only been taking part in the quiz once in the last three weeks. I do try come to every quiz week. whether it weekly or monthly in future.

Eurovision tomorrow

Moley
09-05-14, 12:13
I don't come to the quiz as I not been feeling in the right place.

But I want to say how much I appreciate all the hard work and effort that you all put in to make this place such a wonderful and helpful place.
I don't know where I would be without this place and I don't think it is said often enough to you guys how important what you all do and what it means to all of us.

so here is a big thank you to you all from me.

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/160/16078.gif

Maybe give monthly quizzes a try as I think that you all deserve a break from all your hard work at times.

Magic
09-05-14, 16:20
I am sorry not to able to join in the Saturday night quiz.
My laptop kept going off when I was doing the quiz and missed half of it:unsure:

frosty2901
10-05-14, 21:08
i have just seen this and love the quizzes and would miss them but you should do what you feels best xx

panicpanda
10-05-14, 21:34
I enjoy the quiz most when it's a themed one or when all the answers start with the same letter. Also, I enjoy it more when it's at a slower pace, not when it's over in 40 mins lol. I understand mods have busy lives though :-)

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Sorry, just realised how mean and ungrateful my comment might have sounded. I am grateful for the quizzes the mods do for us, I'm just saying I stopped attending them because the feeling rushed made me more stressed out personally, I'm sure that hasn't affected anyone else though so maybe monthly quizzes may be a good idea.

nomorepanic
11-05-14, 01:01
The last quiz I moderated seemed to be rushed but was over quickly for 2 reasons

a) I had a bad back and sitting on the laptop was making it worse. I did tell members that was why the quiz was faster that night

b) There were only 5 or 6 members in that night and once all the replies came in I released them so it seemed silly to sit and wait another 5 minutes for no reason.

The themed quizzes take the longest to write - sometimes up to 2 hours.

We have all enjoyed doing it and taking part but it is a lot of effort when we get hardly anyone turning up.

Maybe when we get a new chat room that people can use on mobile devices things will pick up and we get a higher attendance.

The quiz has been running every single Saturday night without fail for over 6 years now so I think the admins/mods that run it have done a superb job and given up their time on a Saturday night to make it fun for others.

It is sad that it was not really well attended recently but maybe it will be back soon.

HalfJack
11-05-14, 01:52
I didn't even know you guys did that!

venusbluejeans
11-05-14, 11:03
The saturday quiz has been going ever since I joined NMP and I don't think I have missed many of them.

I started when I was full of anxiety and panic and it was a huge help to distract me and played a big part in my recovery.

Each week without fail there is a post on the forum about the Quiz and so one on the facebook page..... sometimes I think that people just read the bits they want to post on on the forum and ignore the rest of the forum.

I am going to get slaughtered for saying this BUT people take NMP for granted.. Nic pays for the site out of her own money and a few donations. and if she didn't then there would not be this wonderful resource for us anxiety sufferers. The Admins sometimes feel they have no respect and feel that members think they are doing things just to be 'awkward' which in reality we are impartial and do not judge anyone!
We do however have the rules of NMP to adhere to!

Back to the quiz.... it is a big shame that we have had to come to this decision... I have really enjoyed doing and then hosting the quiz.... but the support we have had about it is minimal, which left us disheartened and downright unappreciated.

Sorry for the rant but it is what I believe as an Admin and Quiz host of NMP

Now I go back to enjoying my holiday :D :D :D

Catherine S
11-05-14, 11:36
I did try and join the quiz on a couple of saturday nights recently but for some reason I couldn't update flashplayer so couldn't access the chat room to join in :unsure:

bernie1977
11-05-14, 12:03
I used to enjoy the quiz but can't access it now I have an iPad.

wabbit1
25-05-14, 17:05
I've just seen this post. I joined the site about 3 months ago. I stumbled across it at a really low point. Then I discovered the chat room and the Sat night quiz. I find weekends really hard so it was such a help on those Sat nights. I was there every Sat I could but missed 3/4 in a row because I was away doing races and can't connect from my phone. I was gutted when last weekend I was in the chat room only to discover they weren't taking place any more :weep:

It is a shame there aren't more people taking part but I only really found out about it initially as I was in the chat room when it was due to start. There is a lot of information which seems to get lost due to the sheer number of posts.

AnxietyDJ
24-06-14, 05:01
New member here... This sounds really fun, would definitely be interested in taking part... LOVE quizzes :)