PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results satisfactory ??????

Purupura1
08-05-14, 19:43
I got my blood test results for
Cbc
Clotting and
Vitamin d
Because i have been ( thinking i have had) bruising and joint pain. And because i suffer from health anxiety and ocd i m worries that it could be leukaemia or a blood disorder!
Does a satisfactory blood result mean there is at least something not normal going on?? Im still worried actually!!
Thank you

AlexandriaUK
08-05-14, 19:59
Satisfactory in the dictionary means up to scratch, up to the mark etc you do not have leukemia it would have shown certain markers in your tests so move on and except the results, some Drs/receptionist don't realise that us HA sufferers need a different terminology YOU DON'T HAVE CANCER then we would say are you sure LOL

Purupura1
08-05-14, 20:51
Thank you for replying
I was really relieved when she said that there was nothing wrong with them but as you know we anxiety later on i started to wonder what satisfactory actually meant
Im trying to think positively so i can end this cycle of anxiety but i might call my doctor and ask him

swgrl09
08-05-14, 20:54
That sounds like they mean "normal" to me! I hate when they use weird words though. It just triggers us more! One time a doctor said my blood tests were inconclusive of anything and I freaked out so much. Turns out they were all normal. Poor word choice!

Purupura1
08-05-14, 21:07
Yh i really hope that what they really mean is normal
I didnt speak to my doctor who knows that im a hypochondriac but over the phone to a nurse maybe if i talk to him he will explain

AlexandriaUK
08-05-14, 21:11
I promise if they had found something they have to tell you,even if it was something trivial, promise

Purupura1
08-05-14, 21:21
Thank you very much!!!
My anxiety has gone down thanks to your replies
I will try to maintain this and let it go!!!:)

AlexandriaUK
08-05-14, 21:44
That's good, I know Its difficult when your mind says one thing but logic tells you another, the hard part is rejecting what your mind shouts and listening to the experts.
Get yourself a glass of wine and know your ok

Purupura1
08-05-14, 23:08
Thank you alot again alex:)