PDA

View Full Version : weird feeling whrn falling asleeep

bingjam
09-05-14, 00:27
Does anyone else have an unusual feeling when drifting off to sleep,??

Kind of like going around on a ferris wheel and weird breathing???

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Its kind of like a head rush as im drifting off which scares me...

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Anyone?? I need to be up at 5:10 but its worrying me enough for me not to want to go to sleep

Worried 24/7
09-05-14, 03:34
I get that sometimes when I'm extremely tired

Serenity1990
09-05-14, 08:41
I get all sorts of weird stuff when falling off to sleep. Hallucinations about falling off tower blocks, audial hallucinations, exploding head syndrome, etc. I just tend to turn on Sky and set it to go off in an hour, helps me drift off. :)

SarahH
09-05-14, 12:21
This is VERY common with anxiety and a frequently asked question on NMP. I get this when I am really anxious particularly if I have a day time nap. It was explained to me by a Dr that it is your heart and breathing slowing down for sleep and as you are about to drop off your "fight or flight" kicks in, giving you a rush of adrenaline. NOT harmful

sarah

bingjam
09-05-14, 17:33
Thank you all for the replies. I did manage to fall asleep about 3am amd got 2 hours sleep before my stupid alarm woke me up at 5:10am so I am very tired today..

Im nervous about going to bed tonigjt though incase I get the same feeling

I do have sinus problems at the moment too which I guess didn't help with the feeling. .

When I had the feelong I opened my eyes and thought a black cat was climbing up my black curtain. Rwally freaked me out... but I soon realises thay it was thw wind blowing the curtain haha

Anyhoo thanks again for the very reassuring replies they have really helped:)

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Can't believe im writting this but is it a symptom of a brain tumor?

SarahH
09-05-14, 19:08
NO!...