PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about money

I'mdave27
09-05-14, 17:26
Does anyone else worry about money ? I wouldn't say I'm poor but every time I spend money , even just a little bit , I worry about it for hours and start thinking I'm going to be be broke if I carry on spending. I feel like a bad person when I spend money it's like I have this thing where I feel like I'm wasting my money and I'll end up poor with no where to live and no food to eat. Anyone else get this ? It drives me insane

ankietyjoe
09-05-14, 17:41
I'm £30k in debt due to my illness, 3 months behind on my mortgage payments meaning I could be repossesed be Christmas. I have a 5 year old son with another baby on the way and can claim ZERO benefits because of the equity I have in my property.

Live a little and stop worrying about it.

Edie
09-05-14, 18:19
Are you maybe feeling guilty about spending money, as if you don't deserve it?

If you've met all your responsibilities, then you have every right to enjoy yourself. Getting yourself to see that is a more complex problem.

Something that might help you see things more logically is working out a budget - if you can see on paper how much money you have available for non-essentials, you may feel less guilty about spending that.

Goldfinch
11-05-14, 09:50
Hi Ankietyjoe, I was £50K in debt during my divorce and it was the worst stress I have ever experienced. Things worked out for me in the end and I hope they will for you. Have you thought of getting in touch with Shelter? It's so crazy that you can't get benefits because of equity that you can't access.