PDA

View Full Version : Discomfort in chest

Confused&scared
09-05-14, 17:31
I have some discomfort in my chest, and in my upper back. Thought it may be heartburn but unsure how it feel so googled. Used NHS symptom checker which told me to dial 999 for an ambulance as it may be my heart. This has triggered my health anxiety which I have had under control for the past few months. Can anyone reassure me about heartburn?

PBL80
09-05-14, 17:38
If you look at the forum this is a very very common symptom of anxiety even I have posted about it before today. In my case it was heartburn, try a gaviscon and avoid spicy food, if it bothers you over the weekend then make a doctors appointment on Monday just to put your mind at rest!

AlexandriaUK
09-05-14, 17:49
Hi NHS direct once told me to ring ambulance with a cold,, have you a burning feeling in your chest and does it hurt at all when you swallow

Fishmanpa
09-05-14, 18:08
It's been said here many times... if it were serious, you wouldn't be posting it on a forum waiting for responses. That being said, it it persists, seek attention.

Positive thoughts

Confused&scared
09-05-14, 22:07
I appreciate that, obviously I knew it wasn't an emergency or I would have dialled 999, it just triggered my anxiety and I felt in need of some understanding reassurance. Thanks

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Alexandria it's a bizarre feeling can't really explain it, I think it probably is just heartburn or something x

AlexandriaUK
09-05-14, 22:08
Sorry I presumed it panicked you because they advised you to ring 999 so was just saying they do this all the timeobviously I got it wrong, as for being understanding Iwas trying, sorry again.
Just read your add on, it probably is acid it can be extremely painfull or like you said just a feeling, luke warm water sipped, what have you tried.

Confused&scared
09-05-14, 22:10
Sorry Alexandria my first reply wasn't to you x

AlexandriaUK
09-05-14, 22:27
I an such a cluts, I reckon its the paranoia LOLis: It any better