PDA

View Full Version : friends dilemma part 2!

nataliewoods88
09-05-14, 23:27
oh and the rest of life too!

you rememeber my last post about the friends going on holiday, well we got past that and all moved on. everything was coolio. But then yesterday they all went out for tea the three of them and didn't ask me or my friend..? So now im like huh? and so is my friend? Where are our invites. We ask them all what the deal is and they say 'its a joke, we can do things without you, we dont have to ask your permission ect'. Are we right for getting upset? If it was two of them its not really a group meet up its more like a 1 to 1 but i feel like when its three its more a group and we are left out. What does anyone think?:weep::weep:

and my life? oh its just plain shite. my anxiety has been getting bad and it affected me at work so much so i had to leave, prior to have two days off due to bad anxiety two days before! Does anyone else struggle with the fact their anxiety is always going to ruin things? I really feel like theres no point soldiering on, as in a week or month i will be back to square one. I am on 100mg of setraline and its only help slightly. ive had cbt but as most people will know, anxiety can SOMETIMES be controlled but sometimes its too hard, and with depression, its the same. I feel like i face a battle all the time, with my anxiety, relationships, work and so on, it just makes you want to give up, can anyone relate? :lac:

Oosh
11-05-14, 08:28
Sounds like three of your friends have formed a clique.
This is probably because your anxiety has excluded you a bit as you don't take part in ALL of the things they do. And excluded your mate because she has a baby was it ?
It happens and it's common.

They're obviously all excited over their holiday now and doing little cliquey things together.

Don't take it personally. These things happen. If you would have said yes to the holiday you'd no doubt be included too. Just one of those harsh truths.

I'd try not to take it personally, be cool about it all, be understanding and try and be involved in the next holiday !
Let this be motivation for you.

Sometimes things hurt more than our fear and you can use those things to your advantage.
Ie you find it more painful to be excluded from the clique like this than you do forcing yourself to go on holiday etc

Between now and then face what you fear, change your meds if they don't help and be ready to face the holiday next time. Stay friends with them so you get asked again.

You don't want life to pass you by like this do you ? Face what you fear and it'll become easier and your confidence will grow.