PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin starting to work abit

shadowstriker
10-05-14, 02:49
Hi guys just a follow up on my posts I have started to notice its helping abit had to go against my drs orders and take 200mg in the morning and 200mg at evening I was supposted to take 100 am 100 lunch and 200 evening but didn't work so I take it illegaly he don't wanna increase it so I thought **** him but does wear off at around 5 ish could do with another 200 then but I have such a useless dr he says it only works at "50 3 times a day it doesn't total bs anyway rant over it only takes the edge off so if u are like me have anxiety + depression prob worth asking to be put on a antidepressant along side it going to ask him to be put on one when I see him Monday prob will say no I was prescribed diazipam by my gp to take until I see him only take it during the time the pregabalin wears off takes a good few hours for the pregabalin to kick in that's the only downside then I'm back to square one (ie negative thoughts and nervousness again will keep u all posted if it helps anyone who wants to know about the pregabalin .

hanshan
10-05-14, 05:10
Good luck with the doctor on Monday. If you are not satisfied, you can ask to be referred to someone else for a second opinion. I don't know about the UK, but I believe the code of ethics of the Australian Medical Association has that as a patient right.

Pregabalin can be combined with an antidepressant. I take mirtazapine and pregabalin (600 mg a day), and no-one has ever said anything. I saw some results from studies on pregabalin, and there was a clear improvement up to 400 mg a day. There is some debate as to whether increasing the dose past 400 mg is beneficial, but it must be remembered that study results are averaged out. Some people will respond at lower doses, others need higher doses.

shadowstriker
10-05-14, 13:23
thank i asked about a month ago and apparently my reason for wanting to see the consultant was not valid enough i am in no means racist but i have seen a few african drs and hes just like them i have tried to stress with him i wont get better by talking or going out alone i need to be on anti depressants as well even my if ect didnt work for me only problem is that the ssris tend to make my anxiety and depression worse they say they do until you adjust to them but there has not been much support in regards to giving me something to help with the anxiety untill it settles and then when i stop it it fuels them to say i chop and change with meds i wouldnt of if they supported me through it lol