PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the ER

sleepy_lady
10-05-14, 05:18
I've been here for two hours. They are mostly leaving me alone. My pulse is consistently 90-130. It jumps up 30 bpm just by me rolling over. But that's totally normal for panic... Right? Is that normal? I can't even stand.
I've just been relaxing in the hosp bed, surfing the net, and my pulse just won't drop. Why is no one concerned? Why am I not having tests run? This has been hours, I'm not panicking anymore... So why is my pulse so high? Why can't I walk anywhere? Why can't I eat without my pulse racing? Im not near hyperventilating. Why is this happening to me?

macc noodle
10-05-14, 06:39
Sorry you are feeling unwell - i know its hard but you need to just trust the docs.

You say you are not panicking but i think your body is saying somethung else.

The staff in ER would not leave you if they were concerned.

ankietyjoe
10-05-14, 09:21
Exactly the same thing happened to me back in February. My pulse jumped up to 130bpm after going back to work after an illness. I didn't feel panicky, but the Doctor kind of insisted I went to A&E.

My pulse stayed high for 12-15 hours, but they could find nothing wrong.

The Doctor at the hospital said it was most likely a response to stress after the illness (which I hadn't really fully recovered from) and the anxiety I had been dealing with for some years.

sleepy_lady
10-05-14, 11:29
I have POTS! Bye bye, accusations of hypochondria!

LucyR
10-05-14, 11:46
POTS!!??:shrug:

TofuMama
10-05-14, 11:54
How were you diagnosed?

sleepy_lady
10-05-14, 13:34
They watched me when I sat up and stood up, my heart rate increased significantly (from 110 to 160 just by sitting up) and all my other symptoms matched. They gave me 4 beta blockers, fluids, and a steroid and now I feel normal. Finally. I hope this stays.

LucyR
10-05-14, 14:43
I have just been reading up on this POTS never having heard of it before.

AlexandriaUK
10-05-14, 15:48
My nephew has this and was put on fludrocortisone, did they do the tilt test.
At least you have a diagnosis, I suppose there will be lots of further tests

HalfJack
10-05-14, 16:19
Goodness me! I'm glad they were able to diagnose you x