PDA

View Full Version : Panic

laurar
10-05-14, 09:42
I called it quits on my relationship last week after four years and im just such a mess. Despite everyones advise I got back with him last year after a year broken up over his online betrayals, lying and treating me like crap as I believed he wanted to change and things were going great until last month when it all started again. I decided to leave him again and he doesnt seem overly bothered.
I wake up each morning shaking. Im just such a mess and I feel exhausted. I have anxiety at baseline but i always coped without medications. We work in the same building and the idea of work kills me but i go in anyhow and try to get through the day. Last time we broke up i fell in to the pits of despair and my confidence was shattered. Im afraid of going through that again and im afraid i will never get through this.
Please help!

Oosh
10-05-14, 11:19
Relationships in the workplace are such a nightmare aren't they.
I remember scaring away any girl who showed any interest in me at work because the thought of it failing and me having to face them everyday sent chills down my spine.

Never mind, it's done now. It's not the end of the world.

Well it sounds like you've done the right thing. He sounds like a creep.
So LOSE HIS NUMBER !

Your self esteem must be in the toilet right now. No doubt that's why you were putting up with stuff from him that you didn't need to in the first place.

I'm willing to bet you're not as rubbish as you think you are, it's the same with everyone. A lot of people just have an absence of cool people around them telling them how great they are. It's easy to start believing it's what you deserve.

As hard as it is you need to "not be bothered" right back at him !
This is the point where you get your self respect back.

Remember only the things you disliked about him.

You need to take some time out and start feeling better about yourself.
Remind yourself of all the things that are great about you.

If you need to, while your relationship confidence is there, why not do a bit of online dating or let a mate hook you up. Be seen to be getting on with your life.
DONT sit and dwell and get yourself down.

Can you get a job somewhere else or push him out of the window at work, something constructive like that ?
Sounds like ridding your life of that git completely would be a good way to let yourself move on.

Keep your chin up. Don't let it drag your self esteem any lower.
Remind yourself how great you are and get on with the next exciting chapter of your life without giving him a second thought.
If you can't see the next chapter, MAKE ONE.