PDA

View Full Version : Asthma and Sertraline

sjane
10-05-14, 10:44
I've been on Sertraline for two weeks now, and since starting it, I feel my asthma seems to be worse. I'm taking my inhalers a lot more often and feel more breathless.

I've not had any colds or anything that could have triggered the asthma, so I can only think its the sertraline. My anxiety has improved and other side effects though.

Anyone else experienced this? :shrug:

LucyR
10-05-14, 11:43
Hi, Yes, I have, although I have been getting colds and sneezing too so think its virus related. I have been on Sertraline for almost 2 years now though and I am aware that it may cause these symptoms, so I am keeping an eye on this too.

mela26
10-05-14, 20:16
What medication are you on for your asthma? I take Montelukast 10mg pills every night, seretide 500 twice a day, my ashtma is quite severe and can get worse easily with the simplest things like change in the weather, I've been on Citalopram 20mg another SSRI for over a year and I haven't found it to effect my asthma. SSRI's take about 6 weeks to kick in properly, wait it out. Go see a doctor they can assess your asthma and if the two are related.

sjane
12-05-14, 10:59
Just take two inhalers for my asthma, don't normally have any problems with it if I take them except after a cold or something like that.
I've been on citalopram and fluoxetine with no problems at all.

I have a review in a week so will mention it to my doctor.