PDA

View Full Version : Another new one...

AKM
07-12-06, 22:53
Hello, my name is Alan and I'm a pathetic agoraphobic who can't deal with life. (Never use this as as chat-up line). :)

I've sat here for five minutes since I wrote that line, it's harsh but sadly a true description of myself. I really don't know what else to write. I'm usually not so miserable, but today has been bad and as ever, I can't see an end. I thought I might find a site where there are other people like myself - people who understand. I've completely run out of ways to keep myself occupied and when that happens I begin to sink.

I'm not entirely sure why I came here, or even if I'll come back, but I feel a little better for writing this.

Anyway, hello.

honeybee3939
07-12-06, 23:00
Hi AKM

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help, we all understand how you feel AKM many of us have felt the same.

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

clickaway
07-12-06, 23:30
Hello Alan,

There are surely many people here who feel like you so dont feel alone or pathetic. This site is run by sufferers who know what its like to go through these experiences.

Agoraphobics can and do recover - have you had any help with this?

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
07-12-06, 23:45
Hi AKM,you are no way pathetic.You have come to the right place.There is lots of support here and people who know exactly what your going through.;)

Ellen XX

candie
07-12-06, 23:50
Hi Alan.

We are all in the same boat but we find solace in each other!!!

Take care,Candie xxx

manmoor
08-12-06, 22:03
Hi Alan,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

AKM
08-12-06, 23:44
Thank you all for the welcome. To know there are people who understand has given me some comfort already. Thank you.

belle
09-12-06, 00:24
Hi and welcome from a fellow agoraphobic!
SarahC

LickeyEndBlues
11-12-06, 00:17
Hi AKM,

It was good to read your post and then see you had come back. There are plenty of folks here who can relate to what you say and being harsh on ourselves is par for the course!!

The big thing though, is you are neber alone here and support isn't too far away.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

trac67
11-12-06, 01:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

AKM
12-12-06, 20:20
I have had a very bad day; totally broke down earlier this evening. Some days are just impossible. I've been sitting here for three hours... I have no idea what I'm doing or what to do; I'm typing this to occupy my mind rather than anything else. I just don't see an end to it.

Also, I think I've just lost the only friend I've managed to hang on to, so not the best day I've ever had.

Bugger.

Call me Alan

scoobygirl2005
12-12-06, 20:27
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

You said you think you have lost your friend? Perhaps you could give them a call and try and sort things out?

Do you have any hobbies? Something you could occupy yourself with. Hope this helps.

Scooby2005
x x

www.z9.invisionfree.com/Panic_away

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 13:25
Hi Alan, and welcome to NMP. We are all here for similar reasons and I'm sure you will find people who feel just like you. There are som really great topics on the site, which will be of help to you and I'm sure the administrators will send you some links.

Take care.

Les

chillx
13-12-06, 13:56
Hi

I am glad you found this forum. You will make lots of friends and get plenty of support.

chillx