PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks constantly

Jennie726
10-05-14, 18:53
Hello everyone! I joined today to get to know others who deal with this on a regular basis. Mine has been going on for nearly a year now. My first attack happened last year and for a few months I was better. Then, I started suffering from health issues and the panic attacks returned, happening 2 or 3 times a day. I went to the ER several times for them, thinking it was my heart each time. I found out just a few weeks ago that I have a bulging disc at T5 and annular tears at T5-T6 and T6-T7 as well as modest spondylosis (arthritis) from T5-T9. I had been having pain in the left part of my back for months and it had started in the chest as well, hence why I thought each time it was my heart. I'm on meds for the back pain and chest pain now because I had a bad reaction to the epidural block and ever since I had the block, which was on the 23rd of April, I've suffered from panic attacks even more. I'm on a low dose anti-depressant and a low dose of Xanax but I still constantly feel like I'm in a state of electricity so to speak. I am also on beta blockers as well for the racing heart.

It's hard to describe to your husband the feeling of doom and the fear that you're losing control of yourself constantly. Like this morning I didn't take the beta blocker on time and I was hit by another pretty bad panic attack that had me dying to go to the ER AGAIN because I just knew I was dying. Even caffeine can trigger them. I used to smoke as well and found that smoking would trigger an attack too. I have become super sensitive to any kind of stimulant basically. How do you all cope with the attacks? Would love to hear some suggestions. Thank you for reading!

Jennie726
11-05-14, 23:46
Anyone have any advice or tips?

chollo81
13-05-14, 22:06
I wish I did. I am dealing with the same thing as far as having the attacks multiple times a day and even when I sleep. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps me are the benzos. When I run out, it is hell for me and my family. I have been trying tea, GABA with a B complex, fish oil and even a liquid KAVA supplement. Nothing is working. It may work for you, but I would still ask a doctor. When I asked my doctor about those things, he just said "it's worth a try". The only reason why I tried natural remedies is because I got really bad side effect from RX prescriptions.

Jennie726
14-05-14, 16:20
I wish I did. I am dealing with the same thing as far as having the attacks multiple times a day and even when I sleep. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps me are the benzos. When I run out, it is hell for me and my family. I have been trying tea, GABA with a B complex, fish oil and even a liquid KAVA supplement. Nothing is working. It may work for you, but I would still ask a doctor. When I asked my doctor about those things, he just said "it's worth a try". The only reason why I tried natural remedies is because I got really bad side effect from RX prescriptions.

I feel for you :hugs:. I know how awful it can be when you run out too! My prescription is only for .25 mg twice a day but it's nice to have it for the panic attacks. It seems mine spawn from the esophageal spasms I have or fear of my health. I've thought of trying the GABA. I'll have to look it up online. So sorry you're struggling too. I know it can be frustrating and even debilitating to constantly have these attacks. It seems life can't be normal :weep:.

Dee123
14-05-14, 18:02
Hello everybody,
Ive just joined this forum today to try n get abit of help and advice im costantly get what i think is panic and anxiety attacks i wake up with them every morning and hardly ever get a free moment from the attacks its driving me crazy!! The docs have put me on citalapram 30mg, which in my opinion isnt helping my symptoms include chest pain/tightness, achy left arm and all down left side of my body, pain in my left side jaw lower tummy pain, achy legs, rib ache n much more it constantly makes me upset and struggle with every day life i also struggle to go out of the house.
Does anybody else have anything simular?
Thanks in advance