PDA

View Full Version : Heart Anxiety as a result of other anxieties

Sabre120
10-05-14, 21:54
So I've had an ongoing issue for about 3 months in which my left arm has been constantly sensitive, accompanied with occasional pain in the left pectoral and shoulder region (And various muscle aches and twitches, which I think are due to my anxiety over my arm). I have been to the doctor twice, once receiving a blood test and the second time a neurological reactionary test, the blood test came back fine and I have no neurological deficit, but my doctor is still unsure of what the problem is, thus being in the unknown is perpetuating my anxiety.

Typically, like a complete muppet I've been googling the symptoms and came across the possibility that I may have had a silent heart attack in my sleep or something, which has caused this trouble and now I've worked myself up into an anxious frenzy; since I've had my arm trouble I've been trying to exercise regularly and have been doing some vigorous bike rides on some single dirt tracks near me, I guess I need some reassurance that my heart is ok, surely I wouldn't be able to do such intense exercise if I had suffered a heart attack in the past 3 months?

Fishmanpa
10-05-14, 22:55
...I've been trying to exercise regularly and have been doing some vigorous bike rides on some single dirt tracks near me... surely I wouldn't be able to do such intense exercise if I had suffered a heart attack in the past 3 months?

And the answer to that question logically is?.... And don't call me Shirley (the reference is? ;) )

Positive thoughts