PDA

View Full Version : Cheers folks

LickeyEndBlues
07-12-06, 23:42
After much deliberation I have decided that prejudice is something I can do without.

I would like to thank Nic for letting me find this wonderful site and within that find elements of myself which I had lost. It has helped me find, for the first time in years, a path on which to look forward.

To those of you who have allowed me into your lives I thank you. You have played a huge part in letting me discover some of what I have been looking for.

I am quite sad that I have reached this choice but I feel very strongly at the way I have been treated be certain members in here.

Please take care and as we tend to say in Scotland,

See you later,

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

candie
07-12-06, 23:46
Hi lickey,

WHATS GOIN ON?

Why is everyone saying that they are leaving the site? Ive read a few posts over the last few days and people are saying the same thing..

It would be a great shame if you didnt post on here anymore,ive read loads of your posts and youve replied to a few of my personal threads and i think youre very inspiring.

Please enlighten me....

Love Candie xxx

Sue K with 5
08-12-06, 02:48
Hi Iain [:O]

Im so sorry you have come to this decision, the strange thing is those comments made about you could not be further from the truth, you are a truly trustworthy, caring and intelligent man who has so much insight and understanding and the irony is those people who have belittled you could learn quite a lot from knowing you.

Iain wherever you go in life you will come across these problems, and people always think they know better. Truth is we only learn whats right after the event.

Your experiewnce and your knowledge are great and dont let anyone undermine that belief.

Peoples opinions of you dont matter its what you believe that is important. So dont change and use the skills to help people who want to be helped.

You have been unfairly judged but that happens a lot with some people.

Hugs and take good care and keep in touch

((((((((((((((((((((SUE)))))))))))))))))))))))

xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

scknight

ksmith
08-12-06, 15:55
Iain,

So sorry that you are leaving. Your posts have always been so enlightening and I have found you to be a genuine, gentle and caring person. I have also seen with my own eyes how you have taken people aside and personally helped them in the chat room when others didn't.

So, my Raggety Arsed Blues fiend, wishing you all the best for the future with the hope you will find a useful outlet for your caring, compassion, knowledge, exerpeince and professionalism.

Love & Peace

Kay x

Nel
08-12-06, 16:44
I’m sorry you feel singled out. I’m sorry anyone feels bad actually.
I was a bit puzzled by the thread posted in announcements, the one about 'time you all learned the truth'. I thought it a very strange move to post that in a site full of anxiety and depression sufferers.
It contains stuff like 'instead of bloody moaning all the time' - the title and content were like the worst clichés I've heard from those who don’t understand anxiety or depression. People with anxiety and depression moan all the time! I found it ironic and unsettling to be honest.
Anyway, good luck to you Iain.

Nel xxx

chelsea
08-12-06, 18:42
Hi Iain,

I think you should reconsider babe cos this site needs people like you, I know you have taken alot of flack recently but you are one of the good guys so dont be driven away. This world is full of people without opinion's well they have them but too frightened to express them. I dont know the full story but thats all your guilty of, i for one will miss you.

Take care and good luck with whatever you decide!!

donna

debera
08-12-06, 18:51
Hi Ian
So sorry to hear that you are leaving. It's a shame. You are such a caring man. I remember when I was in the chat all worried over the medication that I was suppose to take. The next day I got a pm from you explaining about medication and a word of reassurance. I really apreciated that. you have helped many. I wish you would reconsider. Any way Iain good luck
Debera

LickeyEndBlues
10-12-06, 22:56
Wow...what can I say............."Cheers folks!!"

The postings in here plus PMs, MSN comments and emails have made me really think about where I stand.

I firmly stand by what I have said in other postings in these forums and specifically I resent the prejudices shown by certain members, however they are in the minority given the support I have had from others in here.

From the outset I have found this site to be a great place and I can see how it is getting better. I intend to continue to post, whether it be "welcomes", responding to members queries, posting my own or responding to issues. I will use chat to say "hi" and in particular to chat with folks 1-1.

Again to ALL the people who have encouraged me to stay........

Cheers.............you all know who you are!!

Iain
xx

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

hopeful
11-12-06, 09:34
Good for you Iain. Lifes too short.
Take care
julie x

domino
11-12-06, 12:09
Just came across this ,so glad your staying ,can,t smile without you.:D:D

mirry
11-12-06, 12:14
Ian, hopefully you will stay because as I have said in another post,
its that time of year where it is time for forgive and forget,
lifes way too short to care" who said what" ect,

Ive had people say things to me on here in the past , and you know what ,I couldnt give a hoot [^] if you dont have your self esteem then everything can seem so much worse.

You cant live in the past , move on and UP.

mirryx

heths
11-12-06, 16:35
Glad you've decided to stay Iain :)

Take care,

Heather x

Sue K with 5
12-12-06, 01:07
Now what can I say !! oh yeah if your back does that mean I can call you grandpa again ! rofl !!

You know I have missed insulting you its no fun without you lol

hugs

xxxxxxx

scknight