PDA

View Full Version : Help Would Be Appreciated =(

HeavyMetalHead7
11-05-14, 09:02
Ok so for the last about month ive been deadly worried that i have a rare form of bone cancer specifically an askin tumor for the ewing family of tumors. I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago with what i convinced myself was a lump the doctor looked at me like i was a total nutjob probably because of the rareness of this tumor she had never even heard of it never mind seen a case. Now 2 weeks later i have a pain in my lower ribs i want to say ribs 8 and 9 and its only when i press down on the rib itself which of course has led to me pushing on more rib 4 6 hours a day and constant worry to go with it. I know fear its from a bone tumor that has not grown enough to swell yet and im scared to go back to the doctor and ask about this rare tumor again. Anybody wanna shed some light on if they think this could be an askin tumor or a rare form of ewing sarcoma im a mess and prob have a severe case of anxiety as well not helping much.

Aussie11
11-05-14, 13:00
Where's the lump you went to docs about, is that on your ribs? Could it be that the lump was always there but you've only just noticed it? I did that once with a lump in my collarbone, and became fixated on it.

In terms of the sore ribs, mine always hurt to push on them, I have little trigger points all along them and they get worse when I'm stressed.

Fishmanpa
11-05-14, 15:08
The key to your post is that you're worried about an extremely rare form of cancer (less than .001% of all cancers) and after taking a look at this, where you think this is affecting you occurs in only 9% of actual cases making it further unlikely you have it. A medical professional gave you the all clear. Shedding light of what this could be?... You have an admitted severe case of anxiety and are posting this on an anxiety website. That coupled with the odds of this being a ewing related cancer tell you what? ;)

Positive thoughts

HeavyMetalHead7
12-05-14, 02:06
i know its extremely unlikely but my mind keeps telling me that the reason my rib is tender when i touch it is because this rare tumor is growing just has not swelled yet my brain is a mess

RoseEve
12-05-14, 02:26
I just noticed when I press on my ribs they hurt. I don't think we are supposed to be pushing on ribs. They are sensitive.