PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding when going to the loo... Really panicking.

**Amy**
11-05-14, 11:53
Hi All

I was a member of this site back a few years ago. Has some quite nasty health anxiety for a while, but thankfully managed to overcome it.

This time, there is actually something wrong, and it isn't all in my head...

About 6 weeks ago I noticed fresh red blood when I had a bowel movement.

I thought maybe this was a one off, but it continued. So I took myself to the gp.

I said I felt sore when I was going to the loo, and sometimes it almost felt like I was trying to pass glass. So, she examined me and said she could see a "small pile", but as I was sore she wouldn't internally examine me as the pile was probably what was causing the bleeding.

She prescribed me Anusol Ointment and Lactulose, and off I went.

After a week of using what they'd prescribed, the bleeding stopped.

Now it's back. With a vengeance. 😢

It's every single time I go. Bright red fresh blood.

My actual poo (graphic - sorry) is "normal" coloured, and I'm still feeling sore when I'm going to the toilet.

I'm a bit squeamish, so I daren't go feeling around down there.

I've been using the Anusol for a week again now, and it's still happening.

I'm so worried.

I feel so stressed. My 9 year old has just been diagnosed with autism, my husband is working away all week next week and I have my 3 year old to take care of.

Can anyone offer me anything at all on this? I'm really making myself sick with worry now. I don't know what's "normal" when it comes to piles.

Any advice would be great x

Annie0904
11-05-14, 12:06
It sounds like piles or a small fissure (tear). Anusol never works for me. The only ointment that works for me is proctosydol but it would have to be prescribed by your doctor. I find that Epsom salt baths sooth it.

**Amy**
11-05-14, 12:13
Yeah I've heard a lot of people say that Anusol hasn't done much for them.

Will mention you recommendation to the gp I think.

Thanks for the reply x

nomorepanic
11-05-14, 13:57
I am having this same problem at the moment. Since yesterday every bowel movement is causing a lot of bleeding.

When I had it before the doctor gave me some suppositories that were steroid based and they helped a lot but I have run out at the moment so can't use them.

**Amy**
11-05-14, 20:40
The thing is - even when it's not hurting it's bleeding?

Like; I've just been about 5 mins ago. It was soft (cus I'm taking lactulose), it didn't feel overly uncomfortable, but there's still fresh red bleeding.

It's really getting me down now. 😞

HalfJack
11-05-14, 20:48
High fibre diet and baby wipes are my saviors x

AlexandriaUK
11-05-14, 20:53
All sounds normal for piles,OTC meds are not great and sometimes they just don't work so best to see your gp to get some steroidal pessaries like Annie said,salt baths helped me when they where active.
You can bleed what seems like bucket fulls but it want harm you, make an appointment at Drs and get them sorted.

**Amy**
11-05-14, 21:05
Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Would it be worth hitting the Fybogel?

I'm such a "worrier". It's just so horrible when you have to look in the toilet after and see that the water has turned pink/red.

AlexandriaUK
11-05-14, 22:29
If you are going ok then just stick to a healthy diet

nomorepanic
11-05-14, 22:31
Mine isn't hurting either just lots of blood. It has stopped now since the last bowel movement so fingers crossed I am over the worst of it.

I sent you a PM about your previous login as well Amy

anxietyoverload
12-05-14, 16:10
I find a hot bath always helps me a little. Again Anusol doesn't really do anything either. xx

**Amy**
13-05-14, 10:51
Saw the gp yesterday and have been prescribed Xyloproct Ointment.

Am a little but unnerved about the fact that she didn't ask to examine me, but she didn't seem concerned about the bleeding.

Has anyone used this ointment before? Was it any good?

Still quite a lot of blood when I went today :(

AlexandriaUK
13-05-14, 12:28
Have never used it but it contains hydrocortisone which should clear them up better than otc meds, I once accidentally put firey jack on mine in the middle of the night in the dark, didn't put the light on as didn't want to wake the nippers up, trust me my squeals woke the whole house and next door, my partner said he didn't realise I could do a war dance, it burnt like hell but shrunk them over night, don't try this at home :blush:

**Amy**
14-05-14, 08:24
Will the bleeding ever stop?!!!!:curse::curse:

I know it's not much - I know because it's fresh red stuff it's "ok" - but this is really getting to me now. :(

I'm 2 days in to using the cream. No difference as yet...

I'm dreading going to the loo next.

nomorepanic
14-05-14, 11:14
I still think a suppository would be better than cream but you need to get doctor to prescribe that.