PDA

View Full Version : Health worries - Fluoxetine induced?

KieranH960
11-05-14, 12:44
So here's the thing, this is my 24th day on Fluoxetine now n things aren't going as bad as I expected... but oh no, things starting to creep up n I'm unsure if it's Fluoxetine induced or not...

To the worries:
So I gotta friends with benefits... We meet like once a month but here's the thing, we don't use protection... I'm pretty confident that because who the guy is and I've known em since tiny that he's never had sex with anyone but me, he's not that type, he has like 4 friends tops... But I've started to panic like mad about HIV... Wasn't usually this bad but he's been acting really strange round me lately... either he's got something to hide or he just doesn't want to do it anymore (he's been wanting to stop for AGES)...

I can't get tested because of my situation in home ( don't wanna go into it) n I'm hoping it's just he wants to stop...

Wut does everyone think? Fluoxetine induced, health anxiety induced or real reason to worry?
Someone please reply :'(

Andy699
11-05-14, 14:27
It could be. My doctor has tried me on nearly every anti-depressant going. Lofepramine, citalopram, sertraline... etc. None of them would take my anxiety away but then I tried Prozac a couple of years back and it stopped my anxiety completely. It was great but I stopped taking it because I felt better. I've been on Prozac 20mg now for a few weeks and when I first started taking it I was really really anxious. But apparantly, it's really common for prozac to make people feel worse at first. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)