PDA

View Full Version : Floating kidney

Cretinetta
11-05-14, 13:24
Hi all! I discovered that I have big lump under right rib gage. Went for ultrasound and radiologist told me I have floating kidney. He told me that it shouldn't give any discomfort or pain. But I do feel constantly pressure and when I bent down it hurts also. Wanted to ask if anyone has similar problems? I'm so anxious, because I'm so worried that I could have something else.... Like tumours ecc.

SADnomore
12-05-14, 03:40
Hi, there! I've never heard of a floating kidney ... I do have a floating rib, an extra rib at the bottom of the rib cage. Bit rare but harmless. Except for the odd time I was doing sit ups or something and pinched the skin and flesh there, although that can happen either side. Good luck with the doctor, I'm sure he/she will be able to explain and put your mind at ease. xx
Marie

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 08:46
Hi Marie ! Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry about your floating rib. Never heard about it as well. It gives you a lot of discomfort? My gp is a goat, he told me that happends with tall and slim girls to have floating kidney. Put it shouldn't give me any kind of pain :-( i can't even bend me over cause I feel like there's something stuck under my rib gage. Only way I feel good, is when I lay down, in that way kidney falls back to its normal position. When I stand up kidney falls down. It's practically sitting on the top of my guts. So annoying, I guess I have to get private visit with some good doctor, cause my gb prescribes me only vitamins and tons of valium (wich I don't take, cause it swelles me up). And it seems that my kidney continue falling.... Grrrrrr. In Italy it's so so hard to find serious doctors. They won't even listen. They say I'm too young ecc. Seems that young people doesn't have right to feel good and be healthy. Xxx

Fishmanpa
12-05-14, 12:38
I had to look this up and your GP is right and wrong. It does typically happen to tall, slim women but it can be uncomfortable. Definitely get a second opinion. There is a non invasive surgical procedure that will anchor your kidney so it won't move around.

Positive thoughts

AlexandriaUK
12-05-14, 12:44
We all have what they call floating ribs which are not attached to anything

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 12:46
Thanks Fishmanpa for your response. I try to get an appointment with another doc. My gp told that it isn't kidney to give me pains, but my anxiety :-D never heard that anxiety gets kidney to drop.... Lol then he also told that it could be my colon to give me pain. Uffaaa. So messy situation :-D