PDA

View Full Version : PRICKLY HEAT

Laurie28
03-08-04, 16:29
This isn't a tip but more a plea for tips!!!

I get really bad prickly heat in the summer.

When I am on holiday the doctors gice me injections and it clears up within a couple of days but here the doctors won't do it!!!

Antihistamines don't work i'm afraid and the best the docs can say is use betnovate cream.

This doesn't get rid of the little blisters (I get them on my hands and feet and then they tend to clump together and spread) and i have now got in on the top of my ears!!

Anyone else get it? or can you give some suggestions in prevention

love
Lucky

nomorepanic
03-08-04, 19:50
Hiya

I get it too - drives me mad!!

I don't sit or lay in the sun anymore because of it and the last time I went abroard I had a sun-bed for 2 weeks before and was fine cos my skin was used to it.

As for remedies - there is some cream that you can get at the chemist that stops the itching so ask them for that. It may be the one you use already as you mention Betnovate.

All I can suggest and I know this isn't easy is to stay well out of the sun, that is all I can do or I itch like mad!

Have you tried calamine lotion to soothe it?

Nicola

Laurie28
04-08-04, 10:31
It's weird about the sunbed Nic. When I go on it I never get prickly heat!!

I haven't had a sunbed for a while so maybe that is why I have got it pretty bad this time (with just a few days of Scottish sun!!)

I will certainly try and have a sunbed regularly just before going om holiday and see if it works!!

Thanks Nic

Betnovate seemed to take the itch out of it but just looking down at my hands they look terrible all little blisters!!!

It is fading now though as we seemed to have our summer last week and are back to pouring rain and nightime skies!!!

Love
Lucky

nomorepanic
05-08-04, 20:40
Lucky

I think using a sun bed gets you used to it but obviously they are bad for you too.

Funny you should mention the hands being all blistered as mine are too. I thought it was cos I did the gardening last week and touched a plant that didn't like me. Perhaps it is prickly heat but mine used to be a rash rather than blisters and my hands and lower arms are covered in a rash and small blisters at the moment.

We can't even enjoy the sun can we? lol

xx

Nicola

sal
05-08-04, 21:36
Hi lucky

How are you. I get prickly heat too and all the recommended tablets dont work at all. I use a cream which is used for nappy rash. Not like the usual sudocream etc. Havent got any left at moment so will let you know the name of it, as cant spell it.

I first tried it when Sam was a baby, never heard of it before and it was mainly used for cracked nipples from breast feeding. Will get the name for you but it works miracles.

Love Sal xxxx

Laurie28
06-08-04, 12:06
Nic - Mines are definetly little blisters and that is always how it has 'come out' on me. I scratched on (by accident the other day and it was bleeding and some clear fluid eeked from it (nice visual image eh!!!) so your could be prickly heat manifesting itself in a different way from how it usually does!!!

Sal - that would be great - does it take the itch out? does it help get rid of it??

Mines are now turning into little red dots as our sunshine has gone!!!
Oh well Scottish summers eh!!

Thanks Guys

Love
lucky

Rennie1989
06-08-04, 19:55
hiya guys

i really h8 bein hot now, lst night i wouldnt and couldnt sleep. i was sweating so much.

wen it was 1am i went down stairs and slept inthe livin room.

here is my tip: open all windows in the room ur sleepin and keep the door wide open

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

gismo1979
08-08-04, 10:52
I too get a little prickly heat. does anyone else find it feels really uncomfortable when it gets wet. I have given up with doctors as I think i have run out of creams to try.

Rennie1989
08-08-04, 20:56
gismo:

i do find it uncomfortable, its best to put a towle (which has been in the fridge) and place it on the pilow. also spray the pilow lightly wid cold water and have a fan next 2 u (so nic sed to me on panic attacks at sckool forum)

anymore tips, ow yeah take sum sleepin pills and warm milk

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

dripping
16-02-09, 17:35
Hi

My doctor prescribes Prednisolone and it really works. I've suffered for years and it's ruined many a holiday but not any more. You need a sympathetic Doc though as Prednisolone's a strong Steriod. Try it, I bet it will work for you.

Lexie_8797
13-08-12, 17:16
Hi I too get terrible prickly heat I don't sweat all that much but get it overt arms Back legs top of feet and hands it's the most annoying and unsightly thing when your trying to enjoy the nice weather. I was watching QVC the other week on a guatimo show prob not spelt that properly by you'll know what I keen and anyway they have developed a tan excel rotator which is ment to help you put it on every day for2/3 weeks before your holiday and everyday your away and it's mention to stop it. I haven't tried it yet as not been abroad this year and it's not been overly bad here it's 40 pound a bottle bit pricy but if it works it would be worth it. Let me know if anyone has tried it out.