PDA

View Full Version : a point in the right direction

stace81
08-12-06, 01:17
My panic attacks have returned with avengence which im not surprised about.
Could anybody give me any advice from experience whatever of how i can even start to deal with my grief andthe added **** of my stupid anxiety and pa`s!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you xxxxx

sford

clickaway
08-12-06, 02:41
You can't 'stop' the panic attacks and have to accept them, but I feel you need to find some support and understanding, perhaps from an independent source to ease the situation.

You said that your boyfriend was the one person who really understood you and so it is important that you get support, perhaps in the shape of a bereavement counsellor.

Hopefully, others who have lost loved ones will come up with ideas too.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Wonderwoman
08-12-06, 05:11
Hi Stacey,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I don't have a lot of advice but I lost my Mum 6 weeks ago and the shock is starting to wear off now and the reality sink in which of course is almost unbearable.

Try to remember what you are feeling is normal (not dangerous) after such a huge loss and the pain will take a long time to subside. I think we have to be kind to ourselves and make no apologies for feeling heartbroken and shattered and ultimately trust that time is the best healer.

I believe that us anxiety sufferers have more strength and courage than normal people and if we focus on this instead of all our weird and scarey sensations then in time we will get through this horrific time and start to cherish the memories and make our lost loved ones so proud of us.

Remember one day at a time, no apologies and be kind to yourself.

My heart goes out to you.

Love,

Sharon

tnt808
08-12-06, 06:26
My Dear Stace,

I lost my Daddy 3yrs ago and I still think of him every single day. He died suddenly, no warning either. I stayed in bed w/out any food for a week. We all cope differently w/our pain. The panic attacks seem par for the course for what you are dealing with hun. Like Ray said accept them as they come for they might be a form of grief. I never pushed my grief away..I almost welcomed it because in a strange way it made me feel closer to my Dad.
I can only suggest that you allow yourself this time, the pain, the fears...this is a time to reflect, but know that you will never, ever forget...which I always found comforting.
I have been thinking about you and it just makes me think of my Daddy all over again. I am so sorry for your loss Stace. I don't exactly know what you are going through, but our end result was the same. I understand the pain.
I can only hope for you and your sweet children that the day will come when you can sleep w/out the fears.
Please Stace just know that I think about you and I am worried for you hun. If you ever need me I am here and please don't hesitate to call on me. Big ((((HUGS)))) babesxxxxx

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

Lindalou64
08-12-06, 15:19
Hi Stce hun.........
sorry i couldnt speak with ya lastnight.......like i said hun it takes a longg time and what ya feelin is totally normal .....your hurt right now all mixed emotions but in time hun......dont beat ya self up...alls ya can do is the best ya can,,,i will speak with ya later ok.........love ya ...........Linda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nel
08-12-06, 15:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Stacey,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I don't have a lot of advice but I lost my Mum 6 weeks ago and the shock is starting to wear off now and the reality sink in which of course is almost unbearable.

Try to remember what you are feeling is normal (not dangerous) after such a huge loss and the pain will take a long time to subside. I think we have to be kind to ourselves and make no apologies for feeling heartbroken and shattered and ultimately trust that time is the best healer.

I believe that us anxiety sufferers have more strength and courage than normal people and if we focus on this instead of all our weird and scarey sensations then in time we will get through this horrific time and start to cherish the memories and make our lost loved ones so proud of us.

Remember one day at a time, no apologies and be kind to yourself.

My heart goes out to you.

Love,

Sharon

<div align="right">Originally posted by Wonderwoman - 08 December 2006 : 05:11:31</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

What an inspiration you are, sound advice.

Heart sorry for your losses Sharon and Stacey x

ruthb1
09-12-06, 10:18
Stace,

the panic attacks and anxiety are all part of what you are going through hun and it is probably at a peak where you think OMG. after what you have gone through with the shock of everything and trying to me a mum and be miracle woman its no wonder hun that you are feeling the way you do. I think its about trying to accept that the feelings of panic are all part of what you are feeling and you have got to try and accept them, easier said than done i know. you need a bereavement counsellor i think, or at least that would be the way i would be heading, i think to abe able to talk openly to someone about your feelings and express how much anger and hatred you have inside you at the moment you need to do becuase the more the feelings are with you hun the worse it is going to be. you need to do it sooner stace rather than later as these feelings wont go until you at least try and get it sorted, i know its hard and you probably dont feel like doing anything other than curling up and going to bed and not waking up, but you have got to do this for the sake of your kids hun and more importantly for you.

you are a remarkable girl stace who has gone through so much but remember that we are all here for you and the advice that we give is because we care. sorry if i sound straight to the point but thats how i am, tell it how it is, you know me. call a spade a spade.

take care hun,

thinking of you all the time

ruth x x x x