PDA

View Full Version : help, tiazepam quit working

tuesdayschild44
11-05-14, 17:42
Anyone have advice? I'm on restoril to sleep and it's not working, I take 15 mg and slept for one hour took another and only slept for four, it's Sunday and I can't get to a doctor until Thursday. The night before I took one woke up took another one woke up and took one more a total of 45mgs. I have to go to work tomorrow and I didn't make it in two days last week afraid I'm going to lose my job. WhAt do I do, anyone else have this problem? Any advice or words of encouragement? I am panicking right now.

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Just needing some reassurance that it's going to be okay, not sure what to do anybody?

SADnomore
11-05-14, 22:40
Good Lord, woman! One of these mornings you're not going to wake up at all! Why, of all things, are you not afraid to keep taking those pills all night long? Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh, but they're not Tic Tacs, hunni ...! Yes, I'm afraid one of the downsides of benzodiazapenes is that they rapidly cause tolerance (the felt need to take more of the drug to have any effect) and dependency. How long have you been taking these?? Withdrawal (which is what goes on after their "half-life" wears off) can cause rebound anxiety in the extreme; it is entirely possible that this is worsening your daytime anxiety.

You haven't been on Effexor long enough to give up on it, and it sounds like you need to switch from diazepam onto something for sleep (only) immediately. Maybe you will only need to reset your sleep/wake cycle and melatonin is worth a try. Speak to a pharmacist, tell him/her everything you are taking and ask them to help you pick a strength. You may need a stronger strength because of all the benzo use lately. Not to worry though, it isn't like benzos. Perfectly safe. It does tend to "poop out" after a couple of weeks, but by then you will have seen your doctor. Ask your doctor about whether zopiclone may be okay for you to take as needed for sleep, IF you haven't found relief with melatonin. Zopiclone is non-benzodiapene and while one can become dependent on it too, the same tendency to over-use it isn't there. Also if he/she/you agree you still need something to take for symptoms of anxiety, ask about beta blockers. Worth a try, and not addictive. :flowers:
Marie xx

tuesdayschild44
12-05-14, 22:29
I took them in a span of 12 hours, I should have clarified that. I take 15 mgs to sleep four hours than I always wake up and take another 15. That's okay. I just was freaking out that morning and took another to calm down and it helped me sleep, total of about 9 or 10.
I have taken them now for 10 or 11 days. For about 47 days before that it was ativan, that was.5 mgs and that stopped working. So the doctor gave me the restoril. I am actually worried about taking these, addiction is a fear for me but what else can I do? I am going to the doctor in 3 days here to talk about the sleeping and the pills, I hope he has a plan.

SADnomore
12-05-14, 23:33
Sounds good, hunni! I would ask for a switch to zopiclone, cuz benzodiazapines are not the answer long term, as you are finding. He may have an even better idea as well.
Let us know how it goes ... xx
Marie