PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks terrify me

Jill123
11-05-14, 19:29
Hi, I'm Jill. I suffer from severe panic attacks and am terrified. My Dr has prescribed Ativan and Urbanol. I try not to take too many meds as I do not want to become addicted hence I live on bottles of Rescue Remedy:) I feel so alone and afraid. I really need people to talk to and who can identify with with my problem. Thanks for listening

Jennie726
12-05-14, 00:02
Hello, Jill! I just joined yesterday as I too suffer from panic attacks. Mine are anywhere from 1 a day to 2 or 3. I'm on a low dose anti depressant and a low dose of Xanax but neither really seem to work all that well.

I understand what you mean about feeling alone. I feel the same way as no one around me understands what I go through. My husband doesn't even know how long they will last, etc. most times I don't either.

It's very nice to meet you and I'm sorry you're having to go through this hell as well. xx

Jill123
12-05-14, 09:01
Thank you Jenny. I am in a constant state of panic. The tabs the dr prescribed do not seem to be working. It's gets worse when I get home then I reach for a glass of wine just to calm me down. Afraid to sleep as well.

Jennie726
12-05-14, 14:07
I have the same issue. I absolutely dread going to bed. I usually have an attack every night I try to lie down and sleep, so I understand! It's sad when you fear even falling asleep.

Bazza42
13-05-14, 10:09
Hello Jill, I suffer myself and i used to be on Sertraline (50mg) a day. This particular medication worked for me, Maybe talk to your doctor about changing to something that could benefit you?

I managed to wean myself off them with no problems, the doctor basically said you can't take them forever.
I also use a few breathing techniques that really help! I still suffer but no where near like i used to as i was practically house-bound for a few years.

Medication doesn't have to be forever and can help to get you back on the horse as they say.

Barry.

dad50
31-05-14, 14:35
Hi, guys, the height of my panic attacks was when trying to sleep at night and feeling like I couldn't breath, racing uncontrollable thoughts, which then aggravates the panic..... really a living hell to feel.

Sertraline 50 and xanax - on my 12th day, haven't felt better since 7 weeks, 1st week on the meds was terrible, but this has passed already.

Good luck.

Gray
01-06-14, 02:36
Hello Jill, I suffer myself and i used to be on Sertraline (50mg) a day. This particular medication worked for me, Maybe talk to your doctor about changing to something that could benefit you?

I managed to wean myself off them with no problems, the doctor basically said you can't take them forever.
I also use a few breathing techniques that really help! I still suffer but no where near like i used to as i was practically house-bound for a few years.

Medication doesn't have to be forever and can help to get you back on the horse as they say.

Barry.

Barry, I'm on sertraline too and I find them to help enormously. I don't think medication alone helps completely. I recently tried something called talking therapy which has helped me more than I ever imagined it would. Anyone in the UK who suffers with panic/anxiety should ask their doc for a free referral to a talking therapy practitioner. I used Kaleidoscope, but they may vary from county to county.