PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent but not asking for replies

crystal17
11-05-14, 19:58
Hi, I need to talk and this is a safe way to do so. I dont mind if no one replies as not necessarily looking for reassurance, just need to get it out there.

I'm feeling pretty anxious. My home life isn't great, which contributes to my bad feelings, but lately I am scared theres more to it. Something physical. I feel I might have seratonin syndrome as I've been on Citalopram for 8 years now, plus I take codeine on and off for migraines which I worry about.

I get these horrible horrible symptoms at night, just before dropping off to sleep - my eyes will suddenly feel as though something is brushing against them, like a hair or something and I will jolt them open. Its involuntary and very scary. My heart races like crazy then, and I feel severe panic. I'm convinced this is something physical happening to me and will be getting worse over time.

Yesterday, I felt ok in my head, like emotionally, but my heart was going so fast and I felt all this pressure in my head. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack or stroke at any moment. Today, I feel breathless and on edge and very sick. My eyes aren't right, I am actually too afraid to go to sleep tonight in case the jolting happens! I feel dizzy alot too.

This to me sounds like something neurological, but of course I'm too damn scared to tell the doctor about it all. So I'm trapped with it. I know in my heart I want to come off these antidepressants, they have made me into something less human than I was before.

If anyone can relate that would be good to hear from you but as I said, I'm not expecting answers. I'm just so scared and feel so odd that I had to express it :weep:

jackie13
11-05-14, 21:09
Hi Hun

I have been on Cit for over 6 years and sometimes feel dead inside.

Xx

crystal17
12-05-14, 17:04
Really? That's awful. I can so relate to that though! Doctors always say these drugs are the best way (to me anyway) and that they are perfectly harmless, but I'm starting to wonder. Do you want to come off them at any point?

jackie13
12-05-14, 17:32
I am gonna try and start getting off them this year. Don't care how long it takes. In the last year and a half I have noticed something's not right with me. I am also going through perimenopause which doesn't help:(

Are you gonna come off them at some point? I am on 20mg per day, I will try do 10mg one day and 20mg the next and alternate, gradually weaning off, take care if it takes 2 years.

Hugs
Jackie x

crystal17
15-05-14, 21:53
Hi Jackie, apologies for late reply. Yes I am definitely going to come off them, I think about it every day so I think now is the time. It's just how to go about it, so I'm researching the best ways to do it.

Good luck to you! Keep me posted about how you're getting on, PM me if you want to x x